Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 28th, 2014 07:00

Fourth delivery delay since November 14th

I ordered a laptop on Novemeber 14th.  It is for a M3800.  I was supposed to have it December 10th.  Then it was delayed until January 2.  Then the week of January 27th.   I just received notification that it is going to be delayed for a fourth time.  The order has been cancelled and resubmitted twice by Dell.  The new delivery date I have been given is March 20.  This will put this order at 4 months from order date to receipt.  I have been working with a couple individuals, but I feel like the issue is being ignored.  Overall my customer service experience on this order has been dreadful.  Voice mails and emails just go unaddressed.  This system was originally ordered knowing that we would get it in December.  We have a new employee that has been working without this system.  This is causing a major strain.

I do not know if you are able to help or not.  I am extremely frustrated by the lack of response from Dell and I know my order has little impact on Dell's bottom line.

How can the lead-time for a computer be 4 months?

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

January 28th, 2014 10:00

Hi Douggap,

Thank you for posting your comments and bringing your concerns to our attention. Please accept my apology for any frustration or inconvenience this delay may have caused.

Please understand that a system's shipping date, as provided by a Dell Sales or Customer Care Representative or on the Dell Web site, is an estimate only and is not guaranteed.  Usually, a system or product will ship on or before its estimated shipping date.  Occasionally, however, vendor-related issues may delay the manufacture and subsequent shipment of an order.  Please understand that in such situations, the assembly of your computer cannot be completed until the necessary parts have arrived at Dell.  I apologize for any inconvenience this unforeseen delay may have caused.

We understand if you are unable to wait for this order. I am happy to ask a sales representative to contact you at your convenience to help select a system that is perfect for your employee’s needs. Please let us know if you would like to select a different model that this currently available.

Thank you for choosing Dell,

Lorna

No Events found!