1 Copper

Frustration, Inspiron 3582 battery replacement

I am on fire. We have been trying to get a battery replacement for my husband's new Inspiron 3582 for three weeks now. The battery completely died within 3 weeks of receipt of the laptop. We put faith in the tech support people who proceeded to set up an appointment, make my husband waste time waiting for a tech who never showed, listening to the tech lie about where the part was shipped, refusing to provide a tracking number, and then CLOSING the claim and marking as completed. My husband does not have the ability to plug his computer in every time he uses it and really needs this service to ACTUALLY take place. My husband then contacted support again and was forced into saying he would return the laptop for a replacement. No return label was provided to him. He basically consented because he could not understand what the representative was saying. I have been on the phone with Kevin from Tech Support now for over 2 hours. The supervisor FINALLY called me and is trying to place blame everywhere. Now Ryan is telling me that he will contact FedEx to make sure the battery is shipped for delivery tomorrow. I now have to park my butt at my husband's shop to receive this battery. I was finally given the tracking number and the last time the delivery was attempted was 10 days ago. No tag left regarding inability to deliver. Nothing. Calling you out FedEx. Ryan is telling me that there will be a tech set up to install this battery but refuses to give me any direct contact information in the event that this does not happen. No guarantee that there will be a technician to install this battery. My time on the phone has now exceeded 2.5 hours. My frustration level is through the roof. SOMEBODY needs to fix this and fix it now. I have absolutely NO FAITH in Dell and their support teams. After over 3.5 hours of being on the phone and holding for most of it Ryan has disconnected me. 

2 Replies
Highlighted
1 Copper

Re: Frustration, Inspiron 3582 battery replacement

And NOW they have hung up the phone on me. Somebody please help me.

Highlighted
4 Ruthenium

Re: Frustration, Inspiron 3582 battery replacement

Post on the Customer Care forum. See if you get someone more useful.