Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

K

June 9th, 2016 12:00

Gift card in exchange for purchase is a lie.

I bought a game for my son, and was to receive a $25 gift card within 20 days. I contacted them after not receiving it, and was informed it was business days.  They gave me the day by which I could expect it.

Three days after the promised date I had to go asking again.  They weren't sure what happened, but said that they could have it to me in another 5 business days.  Just what I want.  $25 more to spend on a company that won't do what they said they do, let alone what they should do.

Just refund $25 of my purchase price.  I'll stop buying Inspirons for home, and Latitudes for my business.  Then I don't have to deal for what is wrongly labeled "Customer Care", and I can see what ASUS has to offer user experience.

DELL = worst company.  Ever!

N. White

9.4K Posts

June 10th, 2016 09:00

Hi keo05,

Thanks for posting and letting us know about your issue.

Apologies for the card not arriving on time.  The promotional gift cards are sent by email, and sometimes depending on the mail server settings get routed to the trash or spam box.  The card is not sent by Dell but from Cash Star, so you might be looking for an email with that reply address.  Hopefully they've sent the replacement promo card and you will be receiving it shortly. If you would like me to investigate this further, please contact me privately.

Promotional cards are gifts and are not redeemable for cash, so a refund would not be possible.  If you would like to read about the terms and conditions of the promotional gift cards, please follow this link.

Once again, thanks for your patience, and hopefully this information is helpful.

Regards,
Robert

9 Posts

June 10th, 2016 10:00

I don't want your gift card anymore.  I want a speedy refund, and I'll send you back your game.  Then, I'll purchase the game from Best Buy or Amazon where, historically, they've treated me in a way that shows customer service is a cornerstone of their business model.  I shouldn't have to waste my time to get what was promised me.

The reason I discovered that you decided not honor your promise of the gift card is that I was trying to purchase a 65" HDTV.  Now you've not only lost that sale, but all of the Latitude sales we buy for my company.  If you can't treat my private purchases as valued, why would I give you my business purchases?

It is sad to see how much customer service has eroded in the last 5 years.  Instead of talking to someone with the power and desire to make things right I get to an Indian chat agent who can't do anything other than recite the same bull.  I used to praise you, and openly recommend you to friends and family.  

Let me know how to do the expedited return and refund.  I don't want to wait 30 days as that would be roughly a year in DELL time.  You broke the terms of the purchase, so don't tell me about "no refund" or any of the other protocol that protects DELL, and screws the customer.

N. White

9 Posts

June 14th, 2016 12:00

Pretending like he cares, and he wants to help, Robert P just wastes more of your time.  His resolution power is equal to the impotent employees that you get on the Indian chat support.

DELL, you should be ashamed.  Generally, you sell a good product.  You have embarrassing customer service, and that just lost you a ton of business.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

June 14th, 2016 14:00

Thank you for posting your comments on the Dell Community Forum Customer Care Board regarding the promotional gift card. 

It's genuinely sad to lose a longtime, loyal customer, no matter the reason. Please accept my apology for any frustration or inconvenience you may have been caused. We strive to provide a great purchase experience for all of our customers. I regret we missed the mark in your case.

Unfortunately, Software is not returnable. I would be happy to look into the promotional eGiftCard on your behalf. Please reply to my email and provide the requested information so I may access your account records.

U.S. Return Policy
Direct (applies only to purchases directly from Dell)

Dell values its relationship with you and offers you the option to return most products you purchase directly from Dell. For all purchases not made directly from Dell, please check the return policy of the location from which you purchased your product.

30-Day Return Period for Certain Products and Accessories: Unless you have a separate agreement with Dell, or except as provided below, all hardware, accessories, peripherals, parts may be returned within 30 days from the date on the packing slip or invoice for a credit or a refund of the purchase price paid, less shipping and handling, and any applicable restocking fees (as further described below). Any product returned to Dell without prior authorization from Dell will be considered an unauthorized return, and you will not receive credit for the product and Dell will not ship the product back to you.

Exceptions to Dell's 30-Day Return Period:

Software may not be returned at any time unless the software being returned is:

Application software or operating systems installed by Dell on a returnable system which is being returned within the applicable return period; or

Media-based software that is unopened and still in its sealed package or, if delivered electronically, software that you have not accepted by clicking "I agree to these Terms and Conditions."

I trust this information is helpful. If you have any additional questions or concerns regarding this matter, please contact us.

Thanks,
Lorna

9 Posts

June 14th, 2016 17:00

I had to start a new one to respond to Lorna.  You try to invoke your software return policy.  I think it would be more accurate to consider that terms of the purchase in breach.  So, you are on longer protected by your seller centric policies.  

I don't want to return your game because I don't want it.  I want to return it because DELL lied, provided horrible customer support, and I want to purchase from a company that values my business.  So, you can put your holier than thou verbiage away, and focus on you company's failings.  

Make it right.  Either refund the $25 to my card, NOW.  Or, give me the return label and full refund, NOW.  Are you BBB accredited?  

N. White

2.3K Posts

June 14th, 2016 17:00

Hello!  Robert and Lorna have both offered to assist you with your issue, however you actually have to reach out to them via private message/email to get your gift car situation resolved.  Because of the Terms of Sale you agreed to when you made the purchase of the game, you will not be able to receive a refund, especially since it seems the game has been opened and used?  When it comes to game software or any other software, this policy applies to generally any online or offline retailer.  

9 Posts

June 15th, 2016 11:00

I don't know if not giving the customer an avenue to respond is designed to give people the illusion that you actually care or assist customers, but it doesn't work.  Giving only "Yes" for the resolution is garbage.  Here's the real response:

I do not want a gift card.  You're a week late from making that work.  I will not be doing business with DELL again.  Your "customer service" is deplorable, and calling it "care" would require that word to re-defined.  You seem to think it's great service to give me exactly what I was guaranteed, only a long time after it was owed.  

Refund the $25 to my card, or give me a full refund and a return label.
N. White

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

June 15th, 2016 11:00

Hi Keo05, 

I received a reply to my inquiry to the promotional marketing team. They said another Dell representative had previously requested a $25 gift card on your behalf and it is scheduled to be delivered to your email address on record by the end of the week. 

Thanks for your patience,
Lorna

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

June 15th, 2016 12:00

Hi Noah,

Your software purchase is not returnable. Consequently, I must respectfully deny your request for a return shipping label and a refund in full. Dell will not accept returns without a Credit Return Authorization (CRA) number. Any product returned to Dell without prior authorization from Dell will be considered an unauthorized return. You will not receive credit for the product and Dell will not ship the product back to you.

There is no opportunity to apply the funds to your account. The Promo Card is not accepted for Dell Financial Services payments (including Dell Preferred Account, Dell Business Credit, Dell Account or Dell Lease payments) and cannot be used to purchase Dell Gift Cards or used at any non-Dell establishments, or to purchase non-Dell branded smartphones or mobile accessories, which are sold through third party partners.

If you are unable to use the eGiftCard, please consider donating it to someone who could use it, or to a charitable organization.

Sincerely,
Lorna

9 Posts

June 15th, 2016 12:00

Lorna,

What is the consequence for DELL not complying to the end of the agreement?  With whom would I pursue legal action? Your company falsely advertised.  

Now, you're telling me that you aren't liable for anything?  Sending me the gift card that has been owed to me has the same value now, or a year form now?  Your company just has to make good on it before you go out of business, and that's fair?

9 Posts

June 16th, 2016 07:00

DELL breached the terms of my purchase.  I need either a return label, and full refund, or for DELL to refund the amount owed.  Your company is horrible, and places no value in their customer nor care in their relations with them.  

Your company is like a millenial.  You only care about you, and what's good for you.  Shameful how far your quality has plummeted. 

No Events found!