Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 8th, 2016 08:00

Gift cards deducted

Hi,

I place an order via dell chat.  They deducted the money from my gift card and never placed the order.  i have been trying to get it refunded for a month!

They say that Customer care is working on it.  

the last chat session in the thread was Session ID: 75692933

Can anyone please assist?

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

August 9th, 2016 08:00

Hi Charles,

Thanks for posting about your ordering experience.

Apologies for the confusion with your gift card.  Just wondering if you have had the chance to check the status here?  There are some FAQ's and a number to call for gift card assistance.  According to the information from that page, if the order cancelled, the funds should return to the gift card as long as it's not expired.  After the expiration date, the Promo Cards will not be accepted, subject to applicable law.

Please call 1-800-242-5353, hours: Monday – Friday, 9AM to 6PM CT only for balance and expiration information or please visit our eGift Card Self Service tool, here. Our Self Service tool allows you to track a Prepaid or Promo eGift Card, resend an eGift Card, view or print a receipt, check card balance, confirm expiration date, and chat with a support representative.

If you need further assistance, please contact me privately to protect your personal information.  Thanks.

Regards,
Robert

August 9th, 2016 08:00

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

The issue is that the giftcard was not refunded ($180) and has since expired.

If you have the ability to see the Chat threads you will see that they have been working this issue for over a month!

I tried calling all the numbers to no avail.  

9.4K Posts

August 9th, 2016 11:00

Hi Charles,

Unfortunately, if the card is expired, I'm unable to apply funds to it.  

The phone numbers appear to be valid, however there may be a hold or wait time to speak to someone.  I do not have the ability to see chat threads.  

Contact me privately if you would like me to try looking into this.  Thanks.

Regards,
Robert

No Events found!