Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 24th, 2016 18:00

HELP: I cannot get support from Dell

I bought a used Dell M6800 top-of-the-line laptop thru Amazon in late December 2015 and find that the Dell Service Tag number was not registered. Therefore, after many long phone calls to Dell, I'm told I cannot buy an extended warranty and I cannot even buy case-by-case support. I'm treated like a criminal because Dell people think this laptop was stolen from Dell and perhaps it was. But I bought it legitimately and can prove it. The Amazon dealer, located in Chino Hills, CA (ASN Computers) says he bought it legitimately also. During my many phone calls to Dell, I'm told your inventory system shows that this laptop is located at Dell and was never sold. Is there anything I can do to fix this. The dealer will not take it back, Amazon denied my claim, though I'm appealing, and I'm virtually out of options. As an innocent buyer, won't Dell help me to rectify this issue so I can get help thru Dell? My immediate problem is that my fingerprint reader does not work in Windows 10. It works to register my fingerprints and was working after a hard restart, but now, after the latest Dell DDP update a few days ago, it doesn't work at all. I'm fairly sure I need to uninstall Dell DDP and then reinstall the latest version, but there is no apparent way to uninstall this app, at least not without help from Dell. In the long run, I'm more worried about more serious problems for which Dell will not help me. Thank you.

9.4K Posts

February 25th, 2016 08:00

Hi Kkazem,

Thanks for posting.

I apologize for the inconvenience you've experienced so far, however we are unable to support unregistered systems purchased from third parties. I'm sure this has been explained to you by the other agents. If you are not able to fill out the Transfer of ownership form, and they can not transfer it  to you, then we would be unable to provide warranty support.

Fortunately all is not lost, as we have many experts on the Laptop Forum who will be happy to help at no charge.  Please post your issue about the fingerprint reader there. Thanks.

Regards,
Robert

No Events found!