Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 11th, 2020 17:00

Horrible customer service for return authorization

I have been trying to return an XPS 13 9300 since 3/16/2020 service request # but have been getting nothing but double-talk and outright lies from every customer service rep I have contacted. My request was filed well within the 30-day return period. I have sent emails which go unanswered. The chat service always is down. And every time I call Dell, I am put on hold for several minutes, and then told that a "technical issue" caused the problem. But, do not worry, they tell me every single time, a case manager has been assigned and they will call you within 1-2 days to resolve this problem. No one has ever called me from Dell. NOT ONCE!!! My last call was on 4/7/2020. I got the same routine as always. This time, however, the rep said the return authorization had been approved and a case manager would call me within 24 hours to finalize the return. Of course, it has now been over 96 hours (4 days) and still no return call. I work at home and am available all day to receive a call from Dell. I have another XPS 13 9300 laptop that I am going to return because of this horrible return experience. I got the return authorization and UPS label for the second XPS 13 9300 in less than 12 hours. I do not want to return it, but I will if Dell does not resolve this awful problem ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

April 13th, 2020 13:00

After posting my complaint here, I received the return authorization and UPS shipping label in less than 24 hours. Glad to finally have this problem resolved.

2 Posts

May 23rd, 2020 13:00

I am having the same problem. I have been trying to return for 2 weeks. Every time I called they say I will have the shipping label within 24 hrs and they never called. I thought of buying another laptop from them. It appears they are trying to let my 30 days run up. I won't let this go. I need my shipping label ASAP!

May 23rd, 2020 13:00

Yes that was my first problem. Dell finally sent the return label. Now, they're delaying my $1805 refund. They've had it since April 14th. They claim a technical issue is responsible for the delay. Absolute I have another 9300 that works great, but I'm about to return it due to this insanity. A Dell rep on this site is following my case, but still no results after 70 days. I'm going back to MacBook Pro when this is finally resolved.

May 24th, 2020 11:00

My return period is about to run out, gave up now to be perfectly honest. It is  company, lucky that one product I listed on Ebay is making a tiny profit.

• 

25.1K Posts

May 24th, 2020 12:00

Hi,

Apologies for the inconvenience caused. Please send us a private note with the order details and your full name. We will certainly assist you. 

Kiran J.

May 25th, 2020 14:00

Good luck with your eBay sale. It's really too bad Dell's service can be so poor. They make some great products, but the service aspect spoils everything.

• 

25.1K Posts

May 27th, 2020 14:00

Hi,

Please reach out if you still need assistance with this. We will be glad to help. 

Kiran J. 

May 27th, 2020 15:00

Hi Kiran - Day 72 and I'm still waiting for my $1805 refund.

2 Posts

May 27th, 2020 17:00

I appreciate you reaching out because no one from Dell ever reached out. I called today fired up and the rep emailed me my shipping label. It was shipped back TODAY! I'm grateful but it appears from other comments this is only half the battle. I will be watching closely for my refund. I would appreciate it if you see this through bc unfortunately, dell hasn't proved itself trustworthy. Thank you.

Crystal

All, please start your own new threads. DELL-Admin

• 

25.1K Posts

May 28th, 2020 13:00

Hi Jeff,

I have escalated this and will update you. Sorry for the delayed reply. All further communications will be via Private Message. Just click the link, then click =

Capture1.JPG

No Events found!