Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 15th, 2015 09:00

How long does it take to get parts to build a laptop??

Hard to believe it takes 3 weeks to build a laptop. Hoping I luck out and its much sooner. 

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

June 15th, 2015 16:00

Hi jamielynnhero,

Thanks for posting your inquiry on the Dell Community Forum Customer Care Board. I may be able to assist you in this matter.

A system's shipping date, as provided by a Dell Sales or Customer Care Representative or on the Dell Web site, is an estimate only and is not guaranteed. A system or product will usually ship on or before its estimated shipping date.  Occasionally vendor-related issues may delay the manufacture or subsequent shipment of an order. Please understand that in such situations, the assembly of your computer cannot be completed until the necessary parts have arrived at Dell.  

Considering many of our manufacturing facilities are in other countries, there is also the freight time from the factory to the merge center. The products arrive in crates in bulk and are then re-packaged for individual shipment for our customers. Total time from manufacturer to redistribution may well be 7-10 days.

I trust this information is helpful. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience an unforeseen delay may have caused. If you still need assistance, please reply to my email and provide the requested information so I may access your account records.

Thank you for choosing Dell,

Lorna

June 16th, 2015 20:00

Thanks. Just wish I knew this before selling my current laptop. I asked another dell rep via chat if it was possible to get my order sooner. Nope  do you know what days manufacturing places operate? I read Tuesday thru Saturday.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

June 17th, 2015 14:00

Hi jamielynnhero,

Thanks for your inquiry. Unfortunately I am not aware of the manufacturers hours of operation. I am happy to look into the order status.

Please reply to my email dated Monday, 6/15/2015, and provide the requested information so I may access your account records.

Thanks,
Lorna

No Events found!