So here's my sequence of events for my Dell 34" monitor that arrived DAMAGED:
1. 1/12/16: Ordered from Dell
2. 1/18/16: Package arrives DAMAGED, I immediately contact DellCares via twitter, and provide them with all information and photos.
3. 1/18/16 response from DellCares "if it's working flawlessly as per design then you wouldn't need to worry about it." Monitor cannot be turned on, as it's cracked and that would be a hazard.
4. 1/19/16: Initiate a chat with Dell, and the response I get is "I have sent a request to our concern team to get back, Is there anything else I may help you with today?"
4. 2/3/16: NO FURTHER RESPONSE, so I reach out to DellCares again. Response I get is "Thank you for the details, we're looking into it."
4. 2/17/16: NO FURTHER RESPONSE, so I call Dell.
First call: On hold at minute 10, dead air by minute 30, so I hang up
2nd call: Agent tells me that he can only issue me a refund. Then we get DISCONNECTED!
I'm losing my mind here. I have been a long time user of Dell products personally, and support an enterprise that uses Dell equipment.
If this is a sign of the support quality Dell customers can expect, then they should be aware of what they're getting themselves into. This is ridiculous.
Do you know what's ridiculous? Not being able to get a replacement motherboard for a system that is 3 years old. Having that system for 3 years and not getting one scam call! Shortly after working with Dell technical support only to realize I can't get the part I need some scammer calls me with MY PERSONAL information! And sure...I can Google search Dell scammers all I want and find information from Dell. How about being proactive Dell? Who the heck researches something like Dell scammers until it happens to you in advance?
Do you know what bugs me even more? I still don't get the courtesy of a response.
Our local news station has one of those consumer reporters that highlights issues with companies. I've provided them with my experience. Hopefully this helps my cause.