Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 31st, 2015 07:00

How to file a complaint against dell customer service and Warranty

When I went to buy a laptop, I have not considered any other laptop as I thought Dell would be perfect for me. However, let me tell you, it's not. Within the period of 1 month, I started getting touch pad issues which is not resolved completely yet. This is not ended here. I bought this laptop (which was the worst decision I have ever made) in October 2014 and this  Dell dashboard shows my warranty expiring in July 2015. I am emailing to them and nobody even bothers to give a  reply. On phone support I have asked several times that I want to extend my warranty, however nobody helped me for that too. Is this your SO CALLED superior customer service and quality product? If yes then please stop selling Dell Inspiron 3542 model. Pathetic touch pad! LET ME KNOW HOW CAN I FILE A COMPLAINT as I cant take this harassment further.

5 Posts

January 31st, 2015 08:00

I did that within 7 days of purchase and when I checked 2-3 months back it was showing warranty till November. But now it is showing till July.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

If the system was purchased at retail or through another third party, you must activate the warranty by registering the system with Dell. Until that's done, you have no warranty support (which is why you received no reply).

Dell retail registration:

< >

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

Where was the system purchased?

5 Posts

Authorized Dell Showroom in sector 20, Chandigarh, India

2K Posts

February 10th, 2015 13:00

Hi Nehaverma,

Please explain the issues that the touch pad is having. Also send the system service tag via private message.

To send a private message, click on my user name and select start conversation.

No Events found!