Highlighted
emmjayy
1 Copper

How to make sure that my order is not cancelled?

I ordered a laptop through Dell website on 17th Sep 2018 and the estimated delivery date was 4th Oct 2018. When I checked the order status on 26th September it showed 'cancelled or changed'. I did NOT receive any communication from Dell about cancellation. After spending about 1 hour on call with customer support agent I was ensured that although my order was canceled, they have re-instated it with a new estimated delivery date of 9th Oct. They had no clear answer to why was my order canceled. I really need the laptop as my previous one is broken. I was hoping so badly to receive the laptop by 4th Oct and now it's moved to 9th for reasons that nobody tells me. I explicitly asked if there was any issue in transaction and they said no the transaction went fine.

I'm so frustrated that I cannot get the laptop even on 4th Oct. Can anyone tell me how to expedite my order ? I am also afraid that my order might get cancelled again... Is there anything that I can do to make sure that I get the laptop this time without further delays...?  

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Re: How to make sure that my order is not cancelled?

Thank you for your message. I apologize for the inconvenience surrounding your order.

Your order could have been canceled due to a part backlog. When there is a part backlog & if there is no ETA available for that part the order will be canceled & a new order processed with the same configuration & a different part number as there is no option to change just the part number on an order that is in progress.

There should be no payment issues as the order has been reinstated, this will not happen if there is a payment issue.

For my reference, please click on the message tab next to your avatar– click “New Message” & search for my Dell username (Dell-Sreejith R) & send a private message with the order number, registered name & email address.

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it?

0 Kudos