Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 19th, 2014 19:00

How to request new account rep?

My company has been a Dell customer for several years and is pleased by the high quality products that Dell produces. Until a year or two ago, we had a fantastic account rep (with several great backup members on his team as well) who was very responsive to my requests. Within the last year, we have had two different account reps and both have been very unresponsive to quote requests and it usually takes several emails to actually get a quote created or updated. Recently, I contacted Premier Support and our account rep with requests to adjust our Premier page settings for shipping charges and for not requiring payment information to generate e-quotes (our business processes do not allow for payment information to be provided until an order has been approved by purchasing) to minimize account rep involvement to only our more major and complex purchases. After more than a month, the account rep has still not been able to get the Premier page issues resolved (Premier support said the account rep must resolve these issues - they cannot assist us). Because I cannot generate a quote myself on Premier, I asked the account rep to generate a quote for some small accessories. I've now been waiting nearly a week for this quote, which is affecting our school's tight summer project timeline. How can I go about requesting a new account rep assignment that will provide improved service to our account?

October 6th, 2020 12:00

Realizing I am grave-digging a 6 year old post, I would love to have an answer to this question as I have had a very similar experience to the OP; Had a GREAT rep for a number of years, they got promoted and the replacement is lackluster. This new rep is constantly out of the office, I deal with long turn-around times on RFQ's, and lord help me if I need to change the original quote... numerous times this has resulted in a lost opportunity due to missing a submission deadline. My company sells a significant amount of new hardware through Dell annually and I would hope for better sales support... I've taken a couple runs at requesting a new rep without success. 

Signed: Hopeful for resurrection of a dead thread.

No Events found!