Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 16th, 2015 17:00

I am done with Dell

I am leaving dell after almost 20 years of loyalty. I am a business owner and have purchased 30+ computers, laptops, and printers over the years. Recently i purchased a computer for my business and received a free Samsung TV. I upgraded to a wifi compatible TV for $75.

The tv was damaged upon receipt (it was no surprise given how under-packaged it was) and I called dell to return it. They no longer had the Samsung tv so they gave me two choices; 1) return the entire order, including the computer that i had already received 3 weeks prior, and that i had already spent significant time and money to put into my work network; or 2) take a $50 credit to future products.

I guess you could say there was a third option, and that was that i take my business elsewhere. I know that sounds ridiculous, but both times i called them to work out something, they said as much. I made it clear to them both times that the two choices offered were not practical or made good business sense, especially since i had already put my computer to work and spent $75 to upgrade to the wifi tv, leaving me $25 in the hole. After pushing them a little, they did raise the credit to $100, which still only netted me $25 ...  and no t.v.

Both times, I talked to a "support" member and a "manager" and they were very clear that $25 was it. i made it very clear that they needed to replace the tv with another t.v. (maybe an LG, which they continue to market on their website), or compensate more than $25 for the loss of the tv, and for a long time customer. Again, they made it very clear that, even if it meant losing a long time customer, the matrix they use for these issues only allowed for a $25 credit.

Dell is a pathetic shell of what it used to be. i was once a stock holder and touted their innovation and excellent sales and customer support. I am leaving them for good and that is sad. They dont care as i am small potatoes to them. But enough small potatoes adds up, and as much as i used to praise them as a great vendor, i will do the opposite every chance i get.

Signed,

Done with Dell

June 17th, 2015 05:00

Sounds like you got them to pay you for something you got for free, that's a win in my book!

2.3K Posts

June 17th, 2015 10:00

Its actually not free.  Example is the Alienware Alpha Core i5 is regularly 699, or you can get it for 799 with a free tv.  

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

June 17th, 2015 14:00

Hi anthonypb, 

Thank you for posting your comments on the Dell Community Forum. Please accept my apology for any frustration or disappointment you may have experienced during your interactions with our customer care department. We strive to provide a pleasant purchase experience for all our valued customers. 

I may be able to assist you in this matter. Please reply to my email and provide the requested information so I may access your account records. 

Thank you,
Lorna

No Events found!