Start a Conversation

Unsolved

JU

3 Posts

June 14th, 2019 17:00

I am no longer a Dell customer!

I been buying Dell computers for over 20 years. I was a loyal customer, I recommended Dell computers to family and friends until now. I have issues with an Alienware that I bought in June of 2018 but I can live it, and that is after I returned the first Alienware. I also bought a new laptop in December 2018 and I have had issues with it ever since that I cannot live with. I did the remote diagnostics twice and I still have issues with it. Also the customer service has been bad.

So I am done with Dell. I wrote an e-mail to DFS to close my account and to let them know why I was closing it and that I am no longer happy with their company and customer service. The only offer they would do was to give me a refurbished model. I refused the refurbished model because I paid for a new PC, it should be replaced with a new PC. I could not find any information in there policy covering an exchange. They sent me information on their policy, that according to them covered exchanges but the information they sent only covered returns.

They will not send a new PC to replace the defective one. So since the PC I have is pretty much unusable I am left with no choice. I will desolder as many components as I can and part out this PC to make back some of my money. I will no longer buy or recommend Dell. I am no longer a Dell customer, 

Jeff Urban

July 28th, 2019 03:00

After 6 months of not being able to use the Laptop and it was only 7 months old. Someone higher up in Dell's chain finally wrote and said they would exchange the Laptop for a new one. I told Dell, that decision took far too long and that I was not able to exchange the Laptop because I have already parted it out and sold it. I thought the letter would be a bit more personal but I was wrong. It was a standard form letter that said they were sorry for my inconvenience and that the case is complete and closed. I have already closed my Dell Financial Account and now I am trying to get off Dells mailing list. Again I will state that I will never buy a Dell computer and that includes Alienware (which I am still having some issues with after being 1 year old, but I will just live with it.) and I will never recommend Dell to anyone.
No Events found!