SolidSonicTH
1 Copper

I feel like I need some extra protection against laptop screen cracks...

I just bought a refurb Inspiron 13 7347 and I don't trust the screen. I'm worried it will start cracking on its own.

Can I buy extra protection for this?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Community Manager
Community Manager

RE: I feel like I need some extra protection against laptop screen cracks...

Hi solidsonicth,

Thanks for posting.

The screen on the Inspiron 13 is very durable and should be dependable for years to come.  However you need more peace of mind, warranty can be upgraded here.  Thanks.

Regards,
Robert

Dell-Robert P
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, please send us the Dell service tag number via a private message
Would you like to be a Dell Community Rockstar?

0 Kudos
SolidSonicTH
1 Copper

You say that but I've seen identical reports to the Spectre x360 I'm coming from that suggest that the Inspiron 13 display is capable of cracking by itself and then Dell considers it "accidental damage".

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for your reference, however our technicians have not reported receiving customer complaints with that particular issue. 

Regards,
Robert

Dell-Robert P
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, please send us the Dell service tag number via a private message

0 Kudos
SolidSonicTH
1 Copper

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19632175

According to this they did.

Also, again, what does it matter? Even if you did a cracked screen is automatically considered a non-warranty repair without further discussion. A decent thing to do would be to test your Ultrabook displays for possible damage that does not involve user interaction to verify these complaints before writing it all off as accidental.

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for your input and for the examples you've provided.  I'll certainly pass this information along to our Product Group teams for further investigation.  I'll post back here or contact you privately if I have an update. 

Regards,
Robert

Dell-Robert P
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell

0 Kudos