Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 9th, 2019 20:00

I'm hearing a lot of bad things about Dells shipping....

I'm a bit worried, i ordered my Alienware Aurora R9 on Dec 8th, Estimated delivery is 12/20/19, paid for faster shipping, but seeing a lot of posts this month about how people are waiting weeks, if not months for what they paid good money for.

Also hearing about Intel chip shortage ? If there's a chance i'm not going to receive my package on or before the 20th id like to know now so i can take my business elsewhere, i'm not about to wait over a month to get what i already paid for.

December 16th, 2019 14:00

Apparently it is Dell's policy not to assure on any delivery dates as per their Terms of Sale where they state "Estimated shipping dates can be found at My Order Status on www.dell.ca. Shipping dates are estimates only. Dell is not responsible for delays resulting from circumstances or causes beyond Dell's reasonable control."

Also, Dell will redefine English language to their benefit as such to promote and maintain control over their sales and shipping processes. For example, “deliver”, “delivered”, “ship”, “shipped”, “in transit”, “may expect”,  and “production” do not translate or can be defined in the way a reasonable person would define them.

For Dell, it appears your delivery is based on 'x' number of days from the date it is shipped; however, Dell refuses to provide a shipping date. Also, a shipping date can be defined as a shipping label being generated even though a courier has not picked up an item, or will not for days or weeks. Shipped can mean it has left their facility/warehouse enroute to another facility before a courier actually picks it up.

December 13th, 2019 07:00

I ordered an Alienware M17 on 11/25/19 and it shipped on 11/30/19.  I hate to say it but, you might want to start looking elsewhere.  I also placed an order for portable speakers on 12/6/19 with a promised delivery date of 12/11/19.  Haven't received my items yet and getting different stories from every customer service person I speak with.  At one point they said my order had been cancelled.  It's been a real nightmare!

1 Message

December 13th, 2019 12:00

I ordered r9 on 2 Dec and also bought the fast shipping. It first said estimated delivery 13 Dec, now they told me it delayed to 7 Jan 2020! That's the case.

15 Posts

December 13th, 2019 12:00

Wow, Yeh,,, i'm getting nowhere with support, i placed my order on Dec 8th, it's now the 13th and nothing changed, still says "confirmed" not even shipped yet....i've emailed Dell, they reply with scripted ...so basically they have no idea what's going on, so glad i paid $3000.....

3 Posts

December 13th, 2019 18:00

If you want your item you ordered on time, I'd look and buy else where. 

If you don't mind waiting and item being delayed but at slightly cheaper prices just order from Dell and wait.

Ordered a monitor and got delayed 3 times within a week. Decided to just wait since price was cheaper than competitors. 

Hoping it gets here before christmas. 

15 Posts

December 13th, 2019 20:00

i'm hoping it does get here before Xmas, if it does im one of the lucky few.

13 Posts

December 15th, 2019 05:00

Very lucky few:

Ordered 11/28/19 2 day shipping paid for. Missed delivery, called.

Reordered 12/05/19 Promised delivery by 12/16/19. Not shipped by 12/13/19

Called 12/13/19, promised delivery by 12/19/19

Received email 12/14/19 Now delayed until 1/8/20 Christmas missed.

1 Message

December 15th, 2019 06:00

DO NOT TRUST SHIPS DATES!!! Ruined my Christmas for sure. I found exactly what my son wanted to get his first gaming computer. Ordered in November and even called Dell to confirm shipping. Dell assured me Dec 19 shipping. Well yesterday Saturday morning got the super surprise email from dell that it would be January 15. Well guess what? Customer service for orders isn’t open on weekends. I called sales and they told me nothing can be done and I’m just out of luck. Dell my order number is below if you want to help. If not I’ll continue to spread the word. 

2 Posts

December 15th, 2019 09:00

• I'm pretty upset as well. I ordered a very expensive G5 gaming computer and 32 inch monitor. First it said ship date Dec 23. Then dec 24. As of today it is now Jan 31. I don't know what the hell is going on. They are not replying to my emails.

All their advertisements on social media say there's still time to order a computer before Christmas. Ha, ya right!

15 Posts

December 15th, 2019 17:00

I've lost all hope, order placed the 8th? 15th now, still not shipped, still saying its coming the 20th, from what i've seen here, and on Reddit, i have no doubt that its going to be delayed

16 Posts

December 16th, 2019 10:00

They told me they had no processors or cases for the alienware brands...imagine same for the G5s.

You can order and pay for expedited shipping...you just cant get you system built. It a hard go with no tower to put the units together.

This the most crazy buying experience I've ever had. I'll never trust nor purchase from Dell again!

15 Posts

December 16th, 2019 11:00

I contacted support, and they are saying they have a shortage in parts?!!!???? and there will be a delay but they have no idea how long, but i can contact some number to swap out the parts they are missing with something they do have to speed this up...

15 Posts

December 16th, 2019 12:00

Was in que for 40mins, to get with someone whos line is messed up, and understand them, keeps cutting in and out, they hung up on me, and now stuck back in que for the past 30mins, with about 20mins left.

i hope i get some answers , from the little i could make out from the last person i talked to, there were 3 parts they did not have yet, something about getting them today? and maybe shipping tomorrow? and having it delivered on friday ? i sure do hope i did hear that all correctly ,  i might of been hearing what i wanted to hear, 

1 Message

December 16th, 2019 12:00

Order confirmed December 5th, still no movement so emailed last Friday (dec 13th).  Email responded dec 16th that it was in production.  I asked why the delay and they said parts shortage. Called support and they told me it shipped from Dell USA to the warehouse in Canada on the 8th of December.  It then needs to ship from there to me.

so, someone is lying and I’m going to have a daughter with no laptop under the tree.  This was part of a dual Xmas and birthday gift.  Thanks Dell

Dell XPS 13 with the 10th generation i7, will be my last Dell, should have bought the Asus.  I buy all the laptops for my family as well....

16 Posts

December 16th, 2019 14:00

They are talking about the auto modifications team...and they are .

My first call after holding the  hung up on me after I told them why I was transferred.

So I called the number for the auto modification team and got a prick who answered who was aggressive and basically told me to get . He said there was no modifications I could make whatsoever to get Alienware before Christmas. I purchased 12/2/19

No Events found!