Start a Conversation

Unsolved

A

1 Message

January 27th, 2021 11:00

I made a mistake buying a dell gaming laptop.

I have been a console gamer for 30 years and I have always toyed with the idea of pc gaming but avoided it because I thought it costs way too much just to play videogames.  At the end of September, I finally decided to become a pc gamer and I bought a 1200 dollar gaming pc called the g5 5505 se.  From day one it ran really hot when playing games.  So hot that I could not have it on my lap because it made my thighs feel like they were on fire so I bought a cooling system that it sits on with 5 additional fans to help disperse the heat.  I was pretty happy with my purchase until 2 months later when I was in the middle of playing an assassins creed game, all of the textures began to turn into rainbows and apparently I was watching the GPU fail in real time.  I called customer service and we spent 5 hours troubleshooting the problem to no avail.  I called back the next day and spent another 3 hours troubleshooting before they asked me to send it in to be fixed.  I gave them my address, email, and phone # and they sent a box and off it went.  A few days laterbI realized I forgot to give them my password to get into it so I called them and gave it to them and then the wait began.  After 2 weeks I called to get a status update and they called me back and said that parts were on back order and they wanted to replace it with a refurbished model which I was not thrilled about.  I thought it was wierd that it took them 2 weeks to figure that out but I agreed to take a refurbished model so I could get back to gaming.  They said it would take up to 5 days to have someone call me to arrange to swap it out.  Here I am on the fifth business day since they called with only a couple hours to go and I still haven't heard from them.  I could have bought a new Xbox X and a PS5 for what I paid for this computer and Now I am just sitting here twiddling my thumbs hoping that one day I will get to play videogames on someone else's used computer.  Dell, I understand why you do it, but that doesn't mean thT I have to agree with it.  If you sell somebody a lemon you should replace it with a new one, not make them wait forever to get a lemon with a fresh coat of paint that belonged to someone else.  The reason you buy a new car is because you want a new car.  You don't buy it in hopes of getting a pre-owned car with a bunch of miles on it 2 months later.

No Responses!
No Events found!