Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 25th, 2013 22:00

I need to return my XPS-One 27 under warranty due to dirt and dust under the glass

I have spent the last half-hour looking for a link to return my PC under warranty. My XPS One 27 is in a clean, darkened corner of the room, so I have only noticed today, when using a torch to help polish the screen, that the underside of the glass is streaked with weird patterns, which seem denser at both ends of the screen. Up close you can see it is a thin layer of grime, the kind that might normally build on the OUTSIDE of the glass over time, but gets cleaned off periodically. In fact this is what I thought I was looking at, but my frantic polishing wouldn't shift it. It was then I actually got a magnifying glass and saw the dirt is BEHIND the glass, not on it.

The dirt is worst at the left and right sides of the glass, so if I had to guess I would say the bonding process and / or the airtight sealing of the glass has failed because it seems the system fan is actually sucking air through the sides of the glass, where static cling makes it permanent and uncleanable. The bright LED backlight shines through the dust layer and it can only be seen when the screen is off, and illuminated from the front. In fact the problem is so visible, and so bad, I can barely believe what I am looking at.

I spent £1500 (around ($2000?) on this machine about 7 months ago. It's unrepairable in my opinion. I'm shocked and furious, and I just want my money back. I've already had to suffer from a constant mainboard whistle that is still there if I connect my PC to my stereo. This is the last straw. I won't be buying Dell again despite having recommended them in a professional capacity for 30 years.

Please can a Dell rep contact me ASAP with instructions on obtaining my refund / replacement? This is non-negotiable by the way. I simply require the contact details & process to follow.

Thank you.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

August 26th, 2013 09:00

Blitterbug,

The Dell worldwide policy states that once the initial 30 days from the original invoice date has passed, a refund is not possible. You are only legally entitled to a used/refurbished system exchange.

You must contact the UK Unresolved Issues team via this form to escalate.

No Events found!