Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 11th, 2020 20:00

I was Told Dell Repair Depot Closed Due to Covid

I sent my Dell XPS laptop to the repair depot 10 days ago. They still have not repaired it. The Indian customer service, Johnny M, told me the depot is closed 7-8 days due to Covid. How do I get my machine repaired? I need it.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

December 1st, 2020 09:00

To be clear, the unforeseen service delays at the depot have nothing to do with covid. I agree that the email verbiage was somewhat confusing which may have led you down that path. If a delay is confirmed, you will receive a follow-up email communication.

28 Posts

November 11th, 2020 20:00

I sent my Dell XPS laptop to the repair depot 10 days ago. They still have not repaired it. The Indian customer service, Johnny M, told me the depot is closed 7-8 days due to Covid. How do I get my machine repaired? I need it.

Sent: Tuesday, November 10, 2020 6:53 PM
To:
Subject: RE: SR# : Liquid Spillage [ ]

Hello Nelson,
This email is regarding your recent interaction with Dell. I am Johnny, the supervisor for the original technician Shefali/ Ben who assisted you with the issue. As explained by my technician, we are really sorry, due to unforeseen circumstances there is a delay at the depot repair. The depot operations are not ceased and will resume in 7-8 business days and then only we can repair the system and have it shipped out to you. Apart from keeping the promise of fastest repair agreement, more important for us right now is the well being of our employees and customers. We apologize again for the delay, Dell would never like to delay any of its ongoing processes unnecessarily. We thank you for all your time and efforts. 
Johnny M
Dell | Technical Support Supervisor

28 Posts

November 12th, 2020 05:00

It is now 10 days since you received my computer on 11/2/20, and you have not repaired it. I understand your depot is closed due to infection by the COVID-19 virus. I want my computer repaired and returned right away. I need the computer and data on the hard drive. I do not want any more of the same excuses. I want the machine back, or a loaner. Get someone else to repair it. And ship it back to me. This is a disgrace. And it will be reported to all the tech sites online, newspapers, and the television stations. 

Nelson Timken

10 Elder

• 

23.1K Posts

November 13th, 2020 05:00

These are circumstances beyond Dell's control -- they're in the hands of local health authorities.

If you sent the system in for service without a backup of your data, you may well want to stop the repair, as it's very common for Dell to wipe the system and re-image it.  If you don't have a backup (which is your responsibility), take care of that if you can't afford to lose the contents of the drive.

1 Message

December 1st, 2020 02:00

Hi, do they still have your device? They've had mine for 35 days and the communications throughout this entire period has been unsatisfactory. 

No Events found!