Start a Conversation

Unsolved

D

2 Posts

August 10th, 2018 00:00

I was lied to by a chat representative and hung up on.

Hello, normally I do not publicize issues I have with certain companies but I feel this needs to be shared. 

About 8 months ago or so, I spoke with a Dell sales rep through the chat on the Dell website. I told the rep that I was looking for a cheap gaming laptop that I can also use for school. We eventually found that the Inspiron 7577 gaming would be the best choice for me. After figuring this out, we spoke about warranties and I was promised that if I bought a warranty for an extra $100 I could return my laptop for up to 6 months if there were any "outstanding issues" with the device. After buying the laptop as well as this warranty, I was happy. I used the laptop for about a month and a half before the screen went out. I then spoke with customer service and had a technician come out to my home to replace the screen. The screen was replaced with a brand new one, that was even worse then the one I had on previously. After talking to customer service again, and waiting for another week, the technician brought out another screen. This screen worked fine, and the issue was solved, but, after a few more weeks of use the laptop trackpad and any external mouse I connected would not work correctly. I called customer service once again, but this time I was hung up on twice while trying to talk to someone that could help me.

I then began to ask about the $100 warranty I added so that I could get my money back if something like this happened. I called in again a few days later and asked about my warranty, and I was very promptly told that I had been lied to by one of Dell's OWN sales/customer service members. I was upset and tried to talk to higher management, but was again hung up on twice. After about a week of calling, I was able to talk to a manager who worked in the "premium support" department, or so I was told. The manager spoke down to me and told me that it was my fault that I bought the warranty, and that he could not and would not do anything to help me besides send another technician. This happened after I had been on the phone for 3 hours with Dell trying to reach this manager, and was told that if I had called earlier in the day, he would be able to "speak with me longer" about the issue, after he said that I was then hung up on again, this time by a MANAGER. 

Long story short, I have since sold the laptop (which at the time of sale was 4 months old) for nearly half the MSRP price, even though it was a brand new model. I was treated with disrespect, and told that I shouldn't "trust what people say" even though it was a Dell employee that told me these things. I will most likely NEVER buy from Dell again considering this is how the "premium support team" deals with it's customers.

2 Posts

August 10th, 2018 01:00

10 Elder

• 

23K Posts

August 10th, 2018 06:00

The $100 extra covered the upgrade to onsite service - it does not cover a return due to buyer's remorse.

No Events found!