Start a Conversation

Unsolved

P

3 Posts

October 11th, 2018 05:00

I will never buy a Dell again

Hello there,

This post to share my very bad experience with Dell.

I purchased an XPS 15 on September 5th, and it took 3 weeks to be delivered.
When I had it, I immediately noticed that something was wrong. I tried with the basic troubleshooting (updates, drivers, bios etc.) but the keyboard was not working properly and the machine not usable.
I contacted the support which propose to send a technician. Of course I said no, faulty out of the box, I asked for a replacement.

Here the 3d I wrote at that time https://www.dell.com/community/XPS/Dell-XPS-15-arrived-yesterday-screen-and-keyboard-poblems/m-p/6190522#M18360

The guy had to escalate the request and we wasted another 4-5 days but obviously was approved.

Since then, no news till I wrote them again. I got a call the 8th of October, another nice guy told me that the production line has issues with the stock of some components and they did not know when I would have had my device. I asked to escalate it further and I got another call today.

I asked for a solution, like send me the first XPS 15 available (even if they had to send a better one but jeez, I have been waiting for 6 weeks now).
He said no, the component should arrive in the factory in China in the next days, after the new device will be assembled and then delivered 'with priority'.
In the best scenario another 10-15 days for a total of 7 weeks for a piece of technology which gets old after 6 months.

At this point, exhausted by the all story, I just decided that I dont want a Dell anymore and I had the worse customer support ever.

Best

6 Posts

October 15th, 2018 10:00

I feel your pain and I've not even bought anything from them yet. I think I may give it a miss now.

No Events found!