Start a Conversation

Unsolved

Q

2 Posts

February 3rd, 2019 07:00

Incompetant support assistance

I apologize but I don't know where else to take my complaint as I can't seem to find any direct email for customer support.

Three weeks ago at the beginning of the semester, my laptop stopped working entirely - it wouldn't turn on despite working perfectly 30 minutes prior. The only thing that I had done to it within those 30 minutes was plug it in to my charger on my desk and close the lid while I went to shower. Came back and found a broken laptop. So I contacted Dell and went through the shipping and repair process (again), and I got my laptop back a little more than a week later.

Unfortunately, the SupportAssist software problems that I mentioned I was having were still unfixed, but the laptop was able to turn on again so I was satisfied. A couple days go by, I'm working on some homework in the early morning, and I close my laptop to go make breakfast. I come back to a broken machine - seemingly for no reason - with the exact same problem(s) that I sent it in to be fixed for a week ago. I promptly called Dell and just asked for a box to be shipped to my house instead of trying to fix it over the phone with a technician.

I'm currently going through the same repair process as before. But this past Friday (2/01), 40 minutes before the Dell center closed for the entire weekend I received an email from Dell stating that, despite the entire purpose of me sending my laptop in was to be fixed,  they needed my verbal permission to actually fix my laptop. Apparently until I give them permission it's going to sit in the shop untouched. Now I have to wait the entire weekend before my laptop will even be serviced, in addition to the time it's going to spend shipping back to me and coordinating a successful FedEx drop off.

I'm a senior college student with a job and most days I'm away from home from morning until late evening. The nearest pickup center for FedEx is an hour away and because I'm never home it's almost impossible to coordinate a successful drop off. The worst part of everything is that I'm a college student and I've been without my laptop (which has all my notes, projects, files and important documents from the past four years) for more than half the semester so far - a laptop that I paid $1,300 for (when I did so I paid for a quality, working machine, not something that I have to spend more time fixing than using). The quality of my product and the type of customer service I've been receiving is unacceptable. I have been a Windows > Mac supporter for years but these past few incidents make me question ever giving my money to Dell again.

I apologize if this isn't the right place to post my woes but I need to talk to a customer service rep and I don't know where else to go.

Thank you for coming to my TedTalk

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

February 7th, 2019 06:00

Thank you for your message. I apologize for any inconvenience caused.

By broken do you mean that the there is physical damage or is it that the system does not power on?

The system may be on a repair hold if there is physical damage not covered under warranty or if there is a hard drive replacement required.

Based on your region, you have an option to pick up your system from FedEx if you are not available at home.

For my reference, please click on the message tab next to your avatar– click “New Message” & search for my Dell username (Sreejith R) & send a private message with the service tag, registered name & email address.

2 Posts

February 9th, 2019 11:00

By "broken" I mean that the laptop is fully in tact and should be working fine, no damage to the body or the insides, but the battery simply doesn't turn on, regardless of if the laptop is plugged into the charger or not. On Wednesday of this week (2/06) in the afternoon I received my laptop back from Fed Ex with a replaced battery and coin battery. The laptop would turn on and I could use it, but the software issues (SupportAssist and Java) that I had also mentioned needed fixed were still there. I left the laptop plugged in on my desk and by the time I came home after work around 5:30/6 the battery issue was back again and it wouldn't even turn on.

I have had the premium coverage warranty which I believe expires in April of this year. Thankfully, I haven't been charged for any shipping or service, but the service I am supposedly being provided would be a scam if I was being charged for it. I have called for a fifth time and this time Dell is sending a technician to my house on  Monday the 11th. Hopefully, this time we can solve the problem for good. 

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

February 12th, 2019 07:00

I understand that this is unacceptable to have multiple repairs in such a short period of time.

I am positive that the issue will be resolved. If you need any assistance or if there are any unresolved issues please reach out to me, I will be glad to assist you.

No Events found!