Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 24th, 2013 12:00

Incredible lack of support

First of all, I'm going to spare the readers some of the gory details.  Basically, I ordered an Inspiron 15 to be delivered to my nephew in Corpus Christi, TX.  The computer arrived at the FedEx office there, but was ordered by Dell to be returned to Dell.  Why? Dell said they were unable to verify payment through my Visa card. Why? Because the salesman, "Ken",  got my e-mail address wrong (it's ).  Dell had used " ".  Not even close, and I've never had a comcast.net account.  Secondly, and even though I gave him my current home phone number and my cell phone number, the number used by Dell was a number I haven't had for about six years.  It was probably used on a previous purchase from Dell.  That said, a call I made to my VISA card bank verified that Dell had charged the card and it had been paid to Dell.  I subsequently made almost a dozen calls to various Dell numbers with no solution.  Four of the Dell representatives apologized profusely and said they would resolve the matter and would call me back.  That was last week and I have received NO return calls. (Same thing this morning!)  I was advised by Dell that the order was cancelled and told to start again.  I did so, and even received a confirming e-mail (from Azter Leo Aculado, in the Phillippines).  Shortly later I received a telephone call from Dell asking why I HAD CANCELLED THE ORDER! On the confirming e-mail the price was not what we had agreed upon (actually a few dollars less than the agreed-upon price).  Also, although Mr. Aculado and I had been very thorough in getting the e-mail address correct, the phone numbers correct and my nephew's name and address correct, the addressee's name on the e-mail was MINE. Chase bank reported to me that the second order had also been charged to my account by Dell.  This whole thing has been going on for nine days without resolution and I can't get it done.  Other than driving to Austin, barging in, and venting my rage (probably being thrown in jail) I don't know what to do.  I will notify VISA to cancel the charges and probably buy a different brand. 

8.8K Posts

June 24th, 2013 14:00

Chimico,

What a mess... let me help you.

Contact Lorna, one of our Customer Care/Order Support Liaisons, via a Private message.

DELL-Lorna M http://dell.to/PWMBSV
* Once you have clicked on one of the links, click Start conversation or Send Email. She will
need the following information to investigate -
  • Email Address:
  • Name:
  • Shipping Address:
  • Phone Number:
  • Dell order number or Service Tag number:
  • Your country
  • Country where system was bought
  • Issues

Give her a day or two get back to you, but I guarantee she will and help you resolve this mess.

Zb1

2 Posts

June 24th, 2013 15:00

Again, I'm grateful for your rapid reply.  Unfortunately, I don't know if my message to Lorna was sent!  There was no send button on the conversation page (that i could find) and no Send Email button on her page.  If it's not a big inconvenience for you, could you give me a bit more assistance?

Chimico (Nollie Swynnerton)

8.8K Posts

June 24th, 2013 16:00

That's strange, what country are you in?

I see you're in Texas...

Zb1

8.8K Posts

June 24th, 2013 16:00

After clicking  on the first  link, then click on the Friends tab... it's right there on the right side of the page.

Zb1

No Events found!