Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 3rd, 2015 08:00

Initial Question/Comment: giftcard expired without knowing

Bought a SONY blueray player and received $50 dell gift card September this year; trying to use it to buy something else just now and found the gift card has 0 balance. Was never told about the 90 day expiration policy on giftcards when purchase the blueray. Been shopping dell for long time and this is really frustrating.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

December 4th, 2015 10:00

Hi voided,

Thank you for contacting the Dell Community Forum Customer Care Board regarding the expired promotional gift cards. Please accept my apology for any frustration or disappointment this may have caused.

At the time the order is placed, all merchandising regarding the promotional cards conveys the card carries a 90 day expiration date. All our sales agents and online websites convey the same information. Please review the Terms and Conditions of use. For your convenience I have provided an excerpt regarding card expiration below. 

Card Expiration

6. Please note that the Promo Card has an expiry or "valid thru" date. Your Promo Card's expiry or valid thru date can be found on the carrier to which the Promo Card was affixed, or by calling 1-800-242-5353. After that date, the funds will expire, and the Promo Card will not be accepted by Dell. After the expiry or valid thru date, please cut up the Promo Card and dispose of it. Invalid Promo Cards are not replaceable or returnable. 

You may also find more Promotional/Electronic Gift card information here.

I hope this information is helpful. We appreciate you as our customer, and I sincerely regret any inconvenience or frustration you may have been caused.  Ultimately, it is the responsibility of the customer to know how and when to use the gift card

Thanks,
Lorna

No Events found!