Start a Conversation

Unsolved

J

2 Posts

September 24th, 2018 11:00

Inspiron 13-5378, not fixed

I sent my Inspiron 13-5378 for Dell to fix it two weeks ago. Last Wednesday they delivered it, but it was still faulty. It was not possible for me to arrange another service order for it to get it properly fixed because I had to take a plane on Friday because I will be the next 4 months here in Buenos Aires. However, after contacting Dell support here in Argentina to get this issue solved, they said they are not able to assists me. That I have to do it exclusively in the USS because that is where my warranty is valid.

I get it, that's their policy and I'm okay with it, but since I arrange my flight to be a few days after the computer was delivered (I couldn't postpone it more, otherwise I would have had to have the laptop sent to me via UPS) and they were the ones that overlook the one issue that presented a real constraint for me to use the laptop (it's an over heating issue, the fans would not spin until the cpu temp reached 90°C, so using the laptop like that would shorten it's usable life significantly, not to mention the constant blue screens and shutdowns), they should be kind enough to help me have it fixed here, or am I the only one that thinks that?

2 Posts

September 24th, 2018 11:00

My service tag is:  in case anybody from Dell wants to look this up.

10 Elder

• 

23.1K Posts

September 25th, 2018 04:00

If the system is in warranty, you'll need to upgrade it to onsite service (about $200 US after purchase) and then transfer the warranty to Argentina (assuming the system is sold there;  if it's not, the warranty won't transfer).

Contact Dell about a warranty transfer:

https://www.dell.com/support/assets-transfer/us/en/04/

No Events found!