Start a Conversation

Unsolved

DP

1 Message

January 27th, 2023 08:00

Inspiron 15 3525, Windows 11, BSODs

Inspiron 15 3525

Inspiron 15 3525

I bought my new Inspiron 15 3525 laptop in December 2022. Sadly I've had problems since day 1. I called customer service Dec.10, 2022 about several problems, one being that my laptop shuts down on its own and then tries to restart. It cannot restart properly so it leaves a blue screen on the monitor with a message that the computer shutdown and could not restart on its own. After talking to the Dell tech support over the last two months they have tried to fix it in various ways. They also advised me that Windows Defender could be interfering, that Windows Defender bug is a known problem since July 2022 and the IT team is working on a fix and that another option is to downgrade Windows 11 to Windows 10 Home.

Today Jan.27, 2023 I called them to inform them the blue screen problem is still occurring. They advised me they can no longer help me free of charge because this is a software problem and I am only covered for hardware problems, even though the software came preloaded by Dell. They then sent me an email with a coupon that would allow me to pay their tech support $99.00 to be able to further investigate the problem. This is my first time buying a Dell and I had reservations at the time regarding reliability, which I decided to ignore. At this point it looks like I'm on my own holding a defective two month old laptop.

7 Technologist

• 

12K Posts

February 5th, 2023 13:00

First of all, and you may have already tried this, run diagnostics (F12 at boot) and watch for any hardware errors. I have seen a problem associated with Windows Defender but that bug caused users to not be able to open Defender. If diagnostics does not help detect an error then you could try a clean install of Windows 11 and do not install any of the Dell software such as Dell update or Support Assist. In order to clean install download the media creation tool here. That tool will create a bootable Windows 11 installation flash drive.

No Events found!