Start a Conversation

Unsolved

S

1 Message

December 8th, 2022 06:00

Inspiron 16 7610, Touchpad issues, brand new

I recently purchased the more expensive Dell Inspiron 16 7610 thinking I was obtaining a superior replacement for my aging laptop. Was I mistaken! I am experiencing many unresolved problems and find Dell’s Support is not able to resolve this issue after weeks and months of trying several times.

Within 30 days, the touchpad problems rendered this laptop a useless portable device. Dell’s Technical Support numerous unsuccessful attempts to fix this has taken me further into weeks of ownership. I am a very dissatisfied customer, this is the worst customer experience I have ever had.

• Serviced and replaced touchpad – 1st time (unsuccessful not fixed - ~Aug)
  • Serviced and replaced touchpad 2nd time, stating that the initial repair technician left a loose screw inside laptop and showed me lose screw (unsuccessful not fixed ~Sept)
  • Mailed laptop to dell - touchpad replaced again – 3rd time (unsuccessful not fixed ~Nov)
    • Dell support assured this problem was fully resolved, you will not have further issues
    • Issue back immediately - Dell technical online service ran diagnostic and said computer needs to be replaced with diagnostic of “touchpad failure”

Reconnecting with service, they state the only solution is to send me a refurbished replacement. I am not accepting this resolution and either want a brand new computer or a complete refund. I spent $1000 hard earned dollars and do not want someone else’s problem, a used laptop with someone else major issues and who knows what battery/power cycles the machine has undergone. A used laptop is not an option.

I am enrolled in an MBA program and am using this a case study and looking forward to presenting and publishing my report. I also plan on posting a public comment on Dell’s webpage, Facebook and will post my discontent on social media.

• 

25.1K Posts

December 8th, 2022 06:00

Thank you! We have received the required details. We will work towards a resolution. In the meantime, you may also receive assistance or suggestions from the community members.

This Inspiron 16 7610 is 11 months/25 days old. Sold to CostCo on December 14, 2021.

Read the Pinned post at the top of this Customer Care board, "Dell warranty, returns, compensation policies".

No Events found!