kontodimos
2 Bronze

Inspiron 17R SE 7720, backlit keyboard

Jump to solution

I have got an Inspiron SE 7720. Dell page informs that a backlit keyboard is standard, but when i bought my laptop NO backlit keyboard. When i tried to contact DELL_GREECE  and receive some answers they were extremely rude and they wanted me to pay for an extra backlit keyboard. I am 20 years DELL customer with 4 laptops from DELL and i never thought that i would have this kind of behaviour fron customer support. I need some plain and clear answers. Why my Inspiron SE 7720 has not a standard backlit keyboard as your webpage and DELL-GREECE webpage informs us

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
zbestwun2001
7 Gold

RE: Inspiron 17R SE 7720, backlit keyboard

Jump to solution

kontodimos

Not  all  Inspiron SE 7720 comes with a backlit  keyboard, it is not standard on some models.

Z..................................

Dell Forum Member Since 2004 but not an employee of Dell

If this answers your question, click
  Yes  

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
zbestwun2001
7 Gold

Jump to solution

kontodimos

Not  all  Inspiron SE 7720 comes with a backlit  keyboard, it is not standard on some models.

Z..................................

Yes  

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
kontodimos
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

zbestwun2001

Dell web page is loud and clear

7720 SE comes with a backlit keybord. Its not a matter on interpretation, vision, etc.

I havent got one and yes that is a problem. I feel stupid to trust Dell. If they want fix this I wiil not stop putting my story on forums. I wiil take legal actions and I wiil be no more a customer of Dell, me, my company and every one is near me

0 Kudos
zbestwun2001
7 Gold

Jump to solution

E 7720's do come with a backlit keyboard.

* Not correct. The Dell sales page specifically states, "and an optional backlit keyboard". So the buyer had to choose it when configuring the system.
http://www.dell.com/ed/p/inspiron-17r-se-7720/pd

Also the Dell RSL Parts page for the keyboards list part numbers for both lit and non-lit keyboards.

Yes