Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 5th, 2012 10:00

Inspiron M5030, dead motherboard, out of warranty

Well i sure hope dell reads this and responds. I purchased a m5030 14 months 3 weeks ago . its for the most part dead ( beeps 7  times ) this is the first time a dell system has failed me in over 15 years, I have purchesed no less than 6 laptops this year for friends and family. was in the process of getting another one and this happens. not trying to be a hard case here but really dell you cannot keep a system running any longer .. and you want 180 bucks just to service it. I totally understand warrentee options and for the most part i agree but be honest here less than 18 months really . heck if the unit would have lasted 18 months to 2 years i would not have a problem but 14 months. i set up systems all day long. bet you can guess what my recomendations will be to my future customers and friends  if this system gets no attention from dell. And on top of it all i have to talk with a person in India that all he can say is no support us .you pay 180 bucks we will look at it.. over and over when all i ask for is a usa phone number so i can talk to somebody that actually speaks english and can understand it 

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

November 5th, 2012 11:00

gerryw2007,

There are no USA support numbers for Consumer products. It appears to be a bad motherboard. Read this for a possible out of warranty repair option. http://dell.to/Vv1rGc

2 Posts

November 5th, 2012 12:00

no usa support number personally i think dell is dropping the ball here 

how many people like myself work for large corporations who purchase dell for the enterprise solutions and 

than make the dell there home units as well .. 

now dell is failing the home consumer and sadly we all know what happens next 

if the home used moves away from dell the corporate systems will be moving soon .. 

Dell needs to come to grips with this and fix the problems 

1 get usa numbers for support

this includes a support center we can all live with 

2 fix these systems 

i mean really 14 months and it fails .. like i said if this was closer to the 2 year mark i would not have issues with it . 

3 get there customer satisfaction back where it belongs 

if you cannot repair the m5030 replace them . but i am guessing you can provide replacement motherboards with out any issues .. 

like i said before i have purchased no less then 6 units this year .. 4 of them being the m5030 units so if dell fails to meet expectations here . i will not be recomending them to my customers or family . Dells choice 

No Events found!