Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 28th, 2017 02:00

Is the email from dellteam.com genuine/authorized?

I received an email regarding Dell Laptop Warranty Extension from this domain @dellteam.com. The details show that it is mailed and signed by dellteam.com. The email asks to reply with the Service tag of system and Contact Number. I don't know if it is genuine email from Dell or it is a fake/spam email?

Please reply.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

August 11th, 2017 09:00

You're assuming the email was legitimate, and not forged/spoofed.

ANY request for a service tag OTHER than from a call or email YOU initiated, is suspect.  There are way too many phishing scams these days to trust any unsolicited request for information - whatever the whois lookup tells you.  

Most people can't or won't parse headers on email to locate forgeries -- so the best strategy:  delete all unsolicited requests for information.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

July 28th, 2017 06:00

It's almost certainly fake -- if it were from Dell, they'd have the service tag.

If you want an extended warranty, call Dell for a quote on one.  However, note that buying an extended warranty on a system you already have is rarely a good value for the dollar - what costs $100 or so at purchase will cost you 3-4 times that as an extension.  You're essentially paying in advance for a major repair - you're better off banking the funds if a repair is needed.

1 Message

August 9th, 2017 08:00

DellTeam.com is CERTAINLY a Dell e-mail domain.

Not fake. 

Anytime you call Dell support, they identify your computer by asking for your Service Tag (serial number) or Express Service Code.  So, that's normal. 

If you every want to find out who owns a domain, it's really quite easy --

If you do a WHOIS lookup for dellteam.com you will see:

Registrant Contact Information:
Name
Dell Domain Administrative Contact
Organization
Address
1 Dell Way
Address
RR1-33
City
Round Rock
State / Province
Texas
Postal Code
Country
US
Phone
+1.5127283500
Fax
+1.5122833369
Email
Sometimes, however, a domain owner will deliberately make their information private for purposes of  anonymity.  However, that was not done in this case (and generally is not done by large and legit companies) and it's EVIDENT (you can do a WHOIS lookup yourself)  that Dell owns this domain. 

1 Message

March 7th, 2018 13:00

I just received a suspicious call from "Dell".

They knew when I bought my new Aurora R7, and for how much, and told me that they were calling because I'd earned enough Rewards points to extend my warranty one extra year from those points alone.

I remember the hair rising on the back of my neck when they asked for an "audible yes". 

Was this a scam? Should I be on the lookout? Would love some guidance here.

1 Message

March 14th, 2018 03:00

I too faced this issue of getting a mail from @dellteam, today 

Mail from another  source, other than @Anonymous.com,  for the same purpose is the real concern.   If @dellteam is genuine, why there is no handshake between the two teams?  multiple teams working on the same task/opportunity  is a profitable business model?

Dell should attach little importance for  such customer  concerns

Thanks,

Sabu- A customer 

4 Posts

August 7th, 2018 23:00

Found another one.  Extend your warranty from  US@ecampaigns.dell.com

9 Posts

December 3rd, 2018 06:00

I got one of these and was uncertain so I sent an email to a Dell account manager that I have worked with previously, asking about it..

It is a legitimate email.  I verified his contact info in our corporate directory and I called him.

We use @dellteam for new hires that are going thru training and for contractors that we hire to assist us.

Nick handles after point of sales warranties.

Thanks again for checking,

• Greg Cary
  • Dell EMC Account Manager
  • Medium Business Public
  • gregory.cary@dell.com
  • Office Hours: M-F  9:00 AM – 5:00 PM Central Standard Time

---------- Forwarded message ---------
Date: Thu, Nov 29, 2018 at 3:32 PM
Subject: Dell Warranty
To: me

We noticed you recently ordered Dell units with Basic next day service, which only covers hardware failures during business hours/business days. Currently we have a promotion that will allow you to upgrade your service to Prosupport or Prosupport Plus near the point of sale price. Keep in mind that you can take advantage of our Flex billing plan which allows you to break down the cost of your warranty renewals into low monthly payments. Also, we are now able to provide warranty service on Non Dell Equipment’s (HP, IBM, CISCO, NETAPP, BROCADE, ORACLE, FUJITSU, HITACHI, etc). Please let me know if you have any, and if they are close to expiring (you will notice that our prices are very competitive).

Happy Holidays,

• Nick Qualley
  • Renewals Rep
  • Dell EMC | APOS | GCCS / Enterprise

No Events found!