Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 25th, 2016 09:00

Laptop order from *** - advice?

This is a long one so I'll try to number/bulletpoint!

1. I placed order #1 myself on August 18th. It arrived on the 23rd, I was very excited, I opened the box...they'd sent the wrong color. I contacted Dell to ask for an exchange for the right color and was told it's not possible to exchange, that I'd have to return the laptop myself and place a new order. I argued my point (that they'd sent the wrong color laptop) and they conceded to free return shipping and no restocking fee.
  2. I placed order #2 through a Dell employee on August 23rd. That employee told me because of the issues I'd had she would upgrade the order to free next day delivery, and that her manager would have to add the next day delivery and to check the order in 2-3 hours. I did so, surprise surprise the order had not been upgraded to next day delivery. I called up and was told that the color I had ordered is sold out and the only color they had left was 'theoretical gray'. I let the person know about my first order, and that's actually the color I got sent incorrectly the first time. I didn't want 'theoretical gray' as it makes the laptop look cheaper than it is. So with their help...
  3. I placed order #3 through that same employee on August 23rd. They upgraded the laptop configuration at no extra charge due to the fact that the color I wanted was out of stock in the laptop configuration I had originally ordered. They also set up free next day delivery. I was feeling pretty pleased with myself until I called up the next day, asking why the order hadn't shipped yet. Turns out the employee had put my credit card details in wrong. I gave them the correct details, they put it through, and I got a fraud alert from my credit card company (I assume because the first order is still on there and hasn't been refunded yet). I cleared that up, called Dell back to put the charge through again only to be told that the laptop I had ordered (a DIFFERENT laptop to the first one) was also out of stock and they would give me the same laptop with a better processor. So they canceled that order, and you guessed it, that meant...
  4. Order #4 was placed through that employee on August 24th. I checked the order status page an hour later and saw that the order has been canceled. I called up to find out why and got told three different stories by various people after being passed from department to department. Reason 1- you originally ordered laptop A and the order was put through with laptop B so it got canceled because it's a different laptop. Reason 2- your credit card company declined the transaction (I checked, they didn't). Reason 3- the order was not put through "the correct channel". All three reasons seem like nonsense to me- if the correct channel isn't one of their own employees, then what is it?! Finally, order verification sent me an email, asked me to confirm delivery address and said she would put the order through to the sales department to be re-done. This never happened. The next day I called again to find out what's going on, and...
  5. Order #5 was placed through ANOTHER employee who said that the request to re-do the order never went through. They refused to give me the upgraded laptop and said that the original laptop I wanted, in the color I wanted, is now in stock. I had to fight to get next day delivery, and they tried to put the order through with the wrong laptop in the wrong color, but we got there. I called an hour later to check the order (because at no point have THEY contacted ME to let me know something is wrong with my order- I've either found out by calling up or checking the order status page) and was told there was a credit card verification issue. I checked with my credit card company again, they said my cards are fine and that the transactions have gone through. I called Dell's credit verification line who said it's an order verificaiton problem and my cards have gone through. I got put through to the order verification team who said it's just on an automatic 6-hour hold that all orders get put through and everything is find with my order.

At this point, I don't believe them. I have a feeling I'll be calling back up in 6 hours. I just want my new laptop!

I'm not even sure what my question is to be honest, I'm just in total disbelief that all of this has happened. I've never experienced such poor, unknowledgeable customer service.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

August 29th, 2016 11:00

Hi cymru3,

Thank you for posting your order status concerns on the Dell Community Forum Customer Care Board. Please accept my apology for any frustration or inconvenience this matter may have caused.

If you still need assistance, I am happy to look into this matter on your behalf. Please reply to my email and provide the requested information so I may access your account records.

Thanks,
Lorna

No Events found!