Highlighted
batra.manishin
1 Copper

Laptop warranty transfer from USA to India

Hi,

This is Manish Kumar. I bought Dell laptop from Olympia, WA last year. Now I am in India and I am facing some issues which I think are related to the hardware. Is there any way that I can transfer laptop warranty to India so that I can get it repaired at the Dell service center here in India?

Thanks in advance,

Manish

0 Kudos
19 Replies
9 Rhodium

Re: Laptop warranty transfer from USA to India

If you purchased the system with an onsite warranty (extra cost), yes - it can be transferred.  If you did not, you must upgrade to an onsite warranty at extra cost before it can be transferred.

www.dell.com/.../IdentifySystem

0 Kudos
batra.manishin
1 Copper

Thanks

I remember I did not pay anything extra but I was told that there is one year onsite warranty (with in the cost of laptop).

0 Kudos
9 Rhodium

I don't know of any Dell system that comes with a standard onsite warranty.  You would have had to pay extra for it.  

You can verify the details by using your service tag number at support.dell.com.  If what you have is the basic return to depot warranty, you must buy an upgrade before you can transfer it internationally.

0 Kudos

RE: Laptop warranty transfer from USA to India

Hi,

I purchased Dell 13 inch convertible from Amazon USA with 1 year Dell Warranty. Now I moved to India and I want to transfer the warranty to India. I am not sure if that warranty is a onsite warranty. If I purchase a onsite warranty would I still be able to transfer it to India?

0 Kudos

Hi Vignesh,

Thank you for writing to the Dell Community Forum. 

Next Business Day On-site service is an international warranty and will be applicable in any country that has Dell services. The warranty will be applicable in India as well. 

You will need to complete a Dell warranty/ownership transfer form on our website, to get the warranty and service tag transferred to your current country/region (India). Please check the following link for the transfer form and more information:

http://dell.to/1NgPsXv 

Dell-Prajwal Sh
Social Media and Community Professional
#IWork4Dell
Order Status
Download Drivers

0 Kudos
smrutimandal
1 Copper

Thanks Prajwal.

I plan to purchase Dell Inspiron i7559-763BLK from Amazon US and fly it to India on my way back. This laptop is not sold by Dell in India.

http://www.amazon.com/Dell-Inspiron-i7559-763BLK-Full-HD-GeForce/dp/B015PYYDMQ

I came to know that this laptop comes with a one year "depot repair" warranty. Could you please confirm if this Warranty can be transferred to India after my reaching here.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
9 Rhodium

Two things mean you won't have a warranty or support in India:

1.  Since the system has only a return-to-depot warranty, it cannot be transferred.  To transfer, you must upgrade to an onsite service plan (at extra cost at the time of purchase), and

2.  If the model isn't sold in India, it will not have support there -- you'd have to return it to the US if repair is ever needed, and support calls would have to go through Dell US.

0 Kudos
surajraman
1 Copper

My Inspiron-15 has 'Next Business Day Support'. Can i transfer my warranty to India?

0 Kudos
Har618
1 Copper

Hi EJN63 , 

I am thinking of buying DELL XPS 15 from US and take it back with me to india(It is still not available in INDIA) . Will I really have to take it back to US for any repairs ? . I talked with dell online support and they said that it will be taken care of if I upgrade the warranty to premium support . Can you please verify this for me . It would be of huge help.

Thank You

0 Kudos