Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 13th, 2012 09:00

Laptop warranty transfer from USA to India

Hi,

This is Manish Kumar. I bought Dell laptop from Olympia, WA last year. Now I am in India and I am facing some issues which I think are related to the hardware. Is there any way that I can transfer laptop warranty to India so that I can get it repaired at the Dell service center here in India?

Thanks in advance,

Manish

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

September 4th, 2017 05:00

You will not be able to transfer the warranty unless:

1.  You purchase an upgrade to onsite service (the basic 12 month depot warranty doesn't transfer), AND

2.  The model you purchased is also sold in your home market country.

Otherwise yes - the system will need to be returned to the US for repair.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

April 13th, 2012 09:00

If you purchased the system with an onsite warranty (extra cost), yes - it can be transferred.  If you did not, you must upgrade to an onsite warranty at extra cost before it can be transferred.

www.dell.com/.../IdentifySystem

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

April 15th, 2012 12:00

I don't know of any Dell system that comes with a standard onsite warranty.  You would have had to pay extra for it.  

You can verify the details by using your service tag number at support.dell.com.  If what you have is the basic return to depot warranty, you must buy an upgrade before you can transfer it internationally.

April 15th, 2012 12:00

Thanks

I remember I did not pay anything extra but I was told that there is one year onsite warranty (with in the cost of laptop).

September 8th, 2015 10:00

Hi,

I purchased Dell 13 inch convertible from Amazon USA with 1 year Dell Warranty. Now I moved to India and I want to transfer the warranty to India. I am not sure if that warranty is a onsite warranty. If I purchase a onsite warranty would I still be able to transfer it to India?

September 9th, 2015 01:00

Hi Vignesh,

Thank you for writing to the Dell Community Forum. 

Next Business Day On-site service is an international warranty and will be applicable in any country that has Dell services. The warranty will be applicable in India as well. 

You will need to complete a Dell warranty/ownership transfer form on our website, to get the warranty and service tag transferred to your current country/region (India). Please check the following link for the transfer form and more information:

http://dell.to/1NgPsXv 

1 Message

December 2nd, 2015 21:00

Thanks Prajwal.

I plan to purchase Dell Inspiron i7559-763BLK from Amazon US and fly it to India on my way back. This laptop is not sold by Dell in India.

http://www.amazon.com/Dell-Inspiron-i7559-763BLK-Full-HD-GeForce/dp/B015PYYDMQ

I came to know that this laptop comes with a one year "depot repair" warranty. Could you please confirm if this Warranty can be transferred to India after my reaching here.

Thanks.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

December 3rd, 2015 04:00

Two things mean you won't have a warranty or support in India:

1.  Since the system has only a return-to-depot warranty, it cannot be transferred.  To transfer, you must upgrade to an onsite service plan (at extra cost at the time of purchase), and

2.  If the model isn't sold in India, it will not have support there -- you'd have to return it to the US if repair is ever needed, and support calls would have to go through Dell US.

1 Message

January 23rd, 2016 21:00

My Inspiron-15 has 'Next Business Day Support'. Can i transfer my warranty to India?

1 Message

June 18th, 2016 12:00

Hi EJN63 , 

I am thinking of buying DELL XPS 15 from US and take it back with me to india(It is still not available in INDIA) . Will I really have to take it back to US for any repairs ? . I talked with dell online support and they said that it will be taken care of if I upgrade the warranty to premium support . Can you please verify this for me . It would be of huge help.

Thank You

1 Message

May 15th, 2017 08:00

Hi There,

I am looking to buy this laptop for my personal and office use, i travel to US frequently, but incase i am in India a problem pops up will this be repaired there in India. Please advise.

Also what would be the cost for extended warranty on this dell product.

www.amazon.com/.../ref=s9u_simh_gw_i1

Regards

Ram

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

May 16th, 2017 05:00

You should contact the seller -- which is a third party, not Amazon itself.  Through Dell at purchase an upgrade to onsite service (required for international warranty coverage) is about $100 -- with the third party it may be different.  Further, be sure that model is sold in India - if it's not, there won't be the option of transferring coverage.

3 Posts

May 24th, 2017 15:00

Be wary of dell, i have had lies where I am left with a faulty laptop, i was told it was transferable like you, issue is if they fail to fix your laptop due to their incompetence, they require you to send your laptop to the original country. BUT they wont let you send it direct.... you have to identify a friend and domestic address in the USA to transfer your warranty to, then they ship it to dell, dell gives them a replacement, they ship it to you...., if you cant do this they refuse further warranty repair because the item is 'beyond economical repair'. They didn't tell me this when I asked before transferring warranty from USA to UK.

1 Message

June 14th, 2017 05:00

I bought​ dell Inspiron 5578 2 in 1 touchscreen laptop from Amazon.com which was sold by Amazon itself and not by a 3rd party seller. Now when I got it back from US to India, it has a major screen problem. I spoke to the regional service center which asked me to transfer the ownership to India using my service tag, which I did. Now they asked me to visit the service center to go ahead with the issue. Once they checked my laptop they told.me that there was a hardware issue and it can only be replaced on chargeable basis, which is approximately 25000 rupees. What am I supposed to do now? I am supposed to pay a fortune for a defective laptop for it to start working again? I am very upset about the entire thing. Please help me out with the same.

September 3rd, 2017 22:00

Hi all,

I got a new dell 7567 and got it back to India. My video fan is giving me problems. Diagnostics report tell me it is not responding. I have been in calls with Dell customer care for last 3-4 days. My warranty has not transferred yet. I raised an ownership transfer request  4 business days ago.

Will I have to wait until the warranty has transferred?
Will I have to send it back to US for a mere fan repair/change?

Dell representatives have been very reassuring that everything will be taken care of once warranty transfers. But as its very obvious, I do not trust sugar coated words.

I bought it from BestBuy so no upgraded warranty was purchased. It did not prompt me any thing regarding this when registering as well as filling up the ownership transfer form. I received no acknowledgment from Dell regarding process initiation as well.

I am worried about my month old really expensive laptop.

No Events found!