Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 26th, 2014 17:00

Missing Dell Promo E-gift Cards

I am due a large number of Promo E-gift cards and Dell Advantage gift cards for orders all placed over a month ago.  I've emailed customer service, but I'm getting really impatient as this is thousands of dollars in gift cards I am owed and have been waiting on.  First I got told that they will be issued "soon", but this is unacceptable since I was told when I ordered that I would receive them in 10-20 days.

In my first email I provided a complete list of order numbers that are missing gift cards yet I still get sent questions they could be answered by checking these orders, or information about orders I didn't ask about.  In between these pointless questions I wait 4 or 5 days for a response.  Seems like delay tactics and I'm getting upset.

When will I get these?  I need a specific answer, not more delaying.  

7 Posts

July 26th, 2014 19:00

Orders Placed 6/27 (8) Samsung F90 5 MP High Definition Camcorder - Black $125 Promo GC ea.

Orders placed 6/25  (6) Samsung F90 5 MP High Definition Camcorder - Black $125 Promo GC ea.

Orders placed 6/24 (3) Vizio 40-inch Razor LED Smart TV - M401I-A3 HDTV $200 Promo GC ea.

Orders placed 6/23 (6) Vizio 40-inch Razor LED Smart TV - M401I-A3 HDTV $200 Promo GC ea.

Orders Placed 6/20 (2) LG 32-inch LED TV - 32LN530B Edge HDTV  $125 Promo GC ea.

These were all separate orders, one item per order.  I'm also due Dell Advantage GC's for these as well.

The link you provided doesn't work for me, it brings me to an error page.

8.8K Posts

July 26th, 2014 19:00

rynocity

When did you buy the items these cards came with?

Please list cards  and what order they came with. I am going to forward this thread  to someone at Dell but I want more info to save them time of researching.

If you could just write what you bought and how much the gift card was with the order I would appreciate it.

Please don't post any personal info.... no order numbers, or things of that nature.  She will request those if she needs them.

I know it's a hassle but it needs to be done if I'm going to get you some help.

Also fill out this form as it will escalate this issue.

Thanks,

Z

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

July 26th, 2014 23:00

Link fixed. Try it again.

7 Posts

July 27th, 2014 06:00

What am I supposed to put for the service request number?  I don't have one of those.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

July 27th, 2014 12:00

You would have received one on the email communication?

7 Posts

July 27th, 2014 15:00

Nope.  I'm dealing with someone from the social media team, so maybe that's why?  I tried also emailing regular support but got no response at all.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

July 27th, 2014 16:00

Ok. The social media team should have created the SR number when they did the case. Email them and ask for the SR number.

7 Posts

July 27th, 2014 16:00

I emailed them, but I'm still waiting for them to respond to my last message from 3 days ago.  It's irritating that I should even be having to do this.  Why do I need to be the go-between for different divisions of Dell support?  

I don't understand why I have to jump through any hoops at all.  It should take an hour at most to confirm that I am due these gift cards and that I didn't receive them.  

EDIT:  I just got a response that the Social media rep is out of the office until the 29th.  So now I need to wait at least 2 more days before I can even escalate this to someone who can do something?  

7 Posts

July 28th, 2014 05:00

Everything I order from Dell I do with separate orders, 1 item per order.  Many years ago I ordered a bunch of monitors for work and 1 never came, and it was a pain trying to figure out which was missing.  So now I just make a new order for each and match the packing slips to the emailed Order receipts.

Yes, I got all the stuff a long time ago.  I don't recommend ordering them unless you are the kind of person that can handle dealing with poor customer service.  Sure, they are a good deal if you get the Gift Cards, but if you don't they act like you're being a jerk for bugging them about the gift cards they owe you.

58 Posts

July 28th, 2014 05:00

Not sure how you are getting all those orders.  I just tried to order 6 of those cameras for my family. 

We're going on a trip to Disney World, and I wanted the kids to have them to record themselves.  I couldn't even place the order, all I got was this message: 

We're sorry but the maximum number of systems with
online orders is 5 units. To order more than this number, please call
800-761-3355 for personal assistance in placing large consumer orders.

Curious on how you did it???  Have they delivered all those cameras and tv's yet???

Please write back, as we are going in late August, and I really need these.

9.4K Posts

July 31st, 2014 07:00

Everything I order from Dell I do with separate orders, 1 item per order.  Many years ago I ordered a bunch of monitors for work and 1 never came, and it was a pain trying to figure out which was missing.  So now I just make a new order for each and match the packing slips to the emailed Order receipts.

Yes, I got all the stuff a long time ago.  I don't recommend ordering them unless you are the kind of person that can handle dealing with poor customer service.  Sure, they are a good deal if you get the Gift Cards, but if you don't they act like you're being a jerk for bugging them about the gift cards they owe you.

Hi Rynocity,

Thanks for sending us your information. We have been able to acertain the reason the gift cards have not been sent.  The account information shows you are a Dell Reseller.  Resellers are not elligible for gift cards as they are for individual customers only.

Also, with the information you provided in this post, it appears as though you have been placing orders illegally and violating the terms of your reseller's contract with us. Your account is currently under review, and you will probably be subject to disiplinary actions. Thanks for posting, as the information was valuable to the Dell Fraud team.

Regards,
Robert

7 Posts

July 31st, 2014 07:00

Oooh, I'm so scared.

I love the way Dell treats their customers, like they're the enemy.  The only reason Dell wants to label me as a "reseller" is so they can make an extra $4000 from me. The account information labeling me as a "reseller" was added by Dell support after the fact to justify this.  

The whole promo gift card system is a scam, Dell is counting on the fact that they can  people out of them, by expiration or limiting their redemption to 1 per order.  Otherwise, why would they care how many a person bought, or if they were a "reseller"?  Normally companies want to sell as much as possible of their products.

9.4K Posts

July 31st, 2014 08:00

Rynocity,

One last comment on this. 

Please read the terms of sale, it's written on every item Dell sells, and states that there is a maximum of 5 units per customer.  Just like the person above posted.

The terms of the gift cards are listed on them as well as the website:

<ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed from this post by Dell>

4. Promotional e-Gift Card ships separately from purchase and typically arrives in 10-20 days from ship date via email and carries a 90 day expiration (except where prohibited by law). Email address required for eGift Card delivery. Limit of 5 Promo Cards per customer for PC sales and limit of 10 Promo Cards per customer for electronic & accessory sales. Not valid for resellers and/or online auctions. Large Enterprise, Federal and Public orders are excluded from Promotional Gift Card offers.

8.8K Posts

July 31st, 2014 08:00

rynocity

This is what happens when you get greedy.  You'll get needy.:emotion-1:

Z

No Events found!