Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 6th, 2017 04:00

My Service Tag and Express Service Code are not registered on Dell's website

Good day, 

I purchased Dell XPS 9550 from USA seller and it was shipped to me to Australia, Sydney. I was able to use Service Tag (manually entered it OR with Auto Detect) at both Dell USA and AU web sites and see all details about the laptop. I opened a request to transfer the warranty from previous owner and just yesterday received and request was completed successfully. 

After that any attempt to see Warranty Status etc. using service tag on both Dell USA and Dell AU web sites shows me: There is no match for that Service Tag or product ID. Please try again, auto-detect or choose from all product. 

Any chance we can sort this out?

Thanks 

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

October 6th, 2017 06:00

Thank you for your message. We will be glad to assist you on this.

Normally, once the ownership is transferred, it takes 24-48 hours for the changes to reflect on the support site & at times, there will be no details displayed with the tag during this period.

Please click on my Dell username & send a private message with the service tag, registered name & email address.

3 Posts

October 7th, 2017 04:00

Thank you Sreejith, sent you a message with all details. 

Looking forward for you reply. 

P.S. Have just checked - it still can't find laptop from web site even though it's been much more than 48 hours. 

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

October 10th, 2017 05:00

We have responded to your private message. Kindly check.

3 Posts

October 27th, 2017 04:00

Hi Sreejith, as far as I can see the issue is still not resolved. I find it very disappointing and frustrating. 

As I can't verify that my warranty was transferred successfully under my name,  I take it as Dell doesn't honor the warranty. I will have to return the laptop for a refund. 

In case of further issues I will have to open a dispute with PayPal to cancel a transaction. 

No Events found!