Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 11th, 2013 01:00

My Laptop was stolen, #2

I would like to find out if there are any possible ways to locate my missing computer. If recovery is not possible are there any ways to secure my personal information or protect myself from identity theft? Are there any services or options available for recovery or protection?

1.5K Posts

April 11th, 2013 02:00

Hi sk00bsw1fey,

How to Report a Dell System Lost or Stolen

(1) File a Police report with your local law enforcement agency and obtain the following data = Police Station, Case Number, Officer, Phone number.

(2) Contact your Home Owner's insurance company. They will need a copy of the original Dell invoice.

(3) Complete the "Report a Stolen System" form.

(4) Contact Dell Customer Service for your country and tell them that the laptop was stolen. Once they have verified your ownership of the laptop, the Dell representative can place a flag in our tool against the service tag for that laptop. This will prevent any unauthorized use of warranty or support until the flag is removed and ownership confirmed.

(5) If you purchased and engaged the LoJack Theft Protection service, call them (800-456-5225 press 3, press 2) and provide the same data.

No Events found!