mp2727
1 Copper

Need Help- Very frustrated with Dell service

I am very frustrated with dell customer service.

I purchased an XPS 12 (9250) in December.

It seems as though every time I call needing help I end up being transferred multiple times as the person I am talking to is in the wrong department. I am reassuranced that each transfer is the correct one.  I frequently ended up with the call being dropped.

I have 2 issues I would like addressed:

First, I just tried to consolidate a hand full of Dell Reward and Dell Promo cards.

I was literally transferred 7 times over the course of an hour only to hear that they are the wrong department to help. One agent stated he would verify that the department I was being transferred to was correct before he transferred me.  The last agent said he would stay on the line during the transfer only to be put in someone's VM.

Can someone please help me consolidate my cards?

Second, I purchased a mouse.  I need a receipt so I can register it for warranty.

I never received any email in reference to my purchase nor could I find a purchase record online.

It turned out that someone added a software purchase without my knowledge to my order.

Even though the purchased was reimbursed and numerous promises to email me a receipt I never received one.  This ordeal took up a half day.  I was contacted by someone from Dell Corporate who apologized and assured me he would take point and make sure I got a receipt. He never followed up and did not respond to 2 emails.

Can someone please help me get a receipt?

I am a non demanding customer and I try my best to be composed but Dell has really challenged me.

I realize my requests are in, relative perspective, no so important.

I paid a premium for an extended warranty and was told I would get premium service.

I was told numerous times my above two requests would be handled.

I have to say I am close to feeling I made a mistake doing business with Dell.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Community Manager
Community Manager

RE: Need Help- Very frustrated with Dell service

Hi mp2727,

Thanks for posting.

According to the Dell Promotional Gift Card Policy:

http://www.dell.com/learn/us/en/19/campaigns/gift-card-opt-tc-sec1-us?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs&~lt=popu...

Using Multiple Cards

11. Dell will only accept a limited number of Promo Cards per purchase. Funds from Promo Cards cannot be merged with funds from any other Promo Cards or other Dell gift cards of any kind.

So, they can not be consolidated.

To get a receipt for your purchases, go to this link:

http://www.dell.com/support/contents/us/en/19/article/eSupport-Order-Support/invoice-shipping#copy_o...

and follow the instructions:

How can I get a copy of my invoice?

Your invoice is sent to the billing address on your order and should arrive in no more than 3 weeks after your order is delivered. If you haven't received your invoice within this time, do one of the following:

Option 1:
Click My Invoices
Fill the information and click on Submit.

Option 2:

1. Log in to My Account
  2. Click "Order Status" under "My Orders"
  3. Select the order of your interest
  4. In the Order Detail page, click "Request an Invoice" under the Related Information section

You will be able to see and print your invoice.
If your invoice link is not available, please follow this option to get assistance from customer support:
Option 3:

1. Click Contact Us
  2. Select the Email Customer Support
  3. Choose the appropriate option
  4. Click Submit/Continue

If you need further assistance, please contact me privately.  Thanks.

Regards,
Robert

Dell-Robert P
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, please send us the Dell service tag number via a private message
Would you like to be a Dell Community Rockstar?

0 Kudos
mp2727
1 Copper

Thank you, Robert for your reply.

I spoke to quite a few people who told me that my cards could be combined but it had to be done by the right department, thus hours wasted with 'passing the buck.”

OK, so promo cards cannot be combined but how about my Dell Reward Cards?

As to getting a receipt I did check my purchases online before I called and I discovered that some purchases showed up, others were completely missing. There is simply no purchase records to be found regarding the one I needed a receipt for. But I did discover that I was somehow billed for software I knew absolutely nothing about.

Being a somewhat suspicious person, I find that the combination of some purchase records missing, no email confirmation for the item I wanted a receipt for, not ordered software appearing, frustrating customer service and hard sell efforts, I am beginning to believe there could be a little fraud here.

I do give Dell credit as they are investigating.

I believe customer service means well (for the most part) but they do not listen and they simply ignore that which they do not understand. The not ignoring/ understanding part could be a result of not being a primary speaker of American English.

I can only imagine the pressure customer service has and the expectations Dell has with them.

As I have read on many sites as well as right here, there are common denominator regarding the complains with Dell customer service.

I purchased a few years of premium service and insurance to cover my expensive laptop.

Based on my experiences to date I can only conclude, Dell is NOT committed to customer service

Might I suggest that Dell do away with all customer service, lower your prices and charge per issue.

It would be easier and much less stressful to cancel my premium service and deal with “The Geek Squad” instead.

This being said, I am aware of complaints about them.

My problem is so simple but it is breathtaking as to how difficult it is to resolve it.

So Robert, respectfully I hope that you can see that your response though by the book is of no use.

Again I ask if anyone can help me.

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

MP2727,

If there are specific order numbers you have in question, please contact me privately and I'll be happy to look them up for you.  Thanks.

Regards,
Robert

Dell-Robert P
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, please send us the Dell service tag number via a private message
Would you like to be a Dell Community Rockstar?

0 Kudos