Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 13th, 2013 02:00

Need Win 7 reinstall media

I would like to reinstall Win 7x64 on my Inspiron 1121 laptop, but somehow my Factory restore partition was corrupted. Is there a way to purchase reinstall media (CD/DVD/download) from Dell? 

8.8K Posts

April 13th, 2013 12:00

Negative. I would get the drivers from support.dell.com. I'm talking about the actual OEM OS Win 7 x64 to use my activation code with.  This unit came with a recovery partition on the hard drive, which you in theory would use Dell Backup utility with, but my recovery partition has become corrupted over the years somehow.

I see and understand.

I want to refer you to one of CC Liaisons to handle this.

What happened to your copy of the key? I guess it was in the partition?

* Contact  DELL-Lorna M,one of our Customer Care/Order Support Liaisons via a Private message. 

Click on the link next to her name. DELL-Lorna M http://dell.to/PWMBSV

* Once you have clicked on the link, click Start conversation or Send Email. She will need the following information to investigate -
  • Email Address:
  • Name:
  • Shipping Address:
  • Phone Number:
  • Dell order number or Service Tag number:
  • Issues
She'll get back to you as soon as she can, she's very busy but you should hear back in a couple days I would think.
Good Luck,
Zb1

8.8K Posts

I would like to reinstall Win 7x64 on my Inspiron 1121 laptop, but somehow my Factory restore partition was corrupted. Is there a way to purchase reinstall media (CD/DVD/download) from Dell? 

Are we talking about the CD with the drivers on it?

140 Posts

Thank you very, very much. I do have the activation key (on the sticker). I  just need the actual Dell OEM Win 7 software, which is on the corrupted recovery partition.

Dave

140 Posts

Negative. I would get the drivers from support.dell.com. I'm talking about the actual OEM OS Win 7 x64 to use my activation code with.  This unit came with a recovery partition on the hard drive, which you in theory would use Dell Backup utility with, but my recovery partition has become corrupted over the years somehow. 

No Events found!