Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

R

October 24th, 2015 15:00

No response from Dell customer care - delay in delivery of laptop

I ordered an Inspiron 13 Laptop (Order ID ) on 10/05/2015. I received a free TV on 10/08/2015 however the laptop was estimated to be delivered on 10/23/2015. It was 10/23/2015 yesterday and I have not heard from Dell at all. This is highly unprofessional considering I was relying on that laptop to get my work done. I have not got any intimation from Dell regarding a possible delay. What is worse is that Dell has charged me 230 USD for the 'free' computer on my credit card. I wrote to Dell on the website twice - 10/20 and 10/23. On both occasions I got an automated response saying I would be contacted in 1 business day - no one ever contacted me.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

October 24th, 2015 17:00

Our apologies for the their lack of response. There is no parts shortage listed for this model. The message I see is =
10/7/15 This order has been flagged as Invalid by manufacturing
10/13/15 Order has been placed in the Cancellation Database pending cancellation and/or re-entry

You should use Chat with Customer Service (Monday - Friday 7AM to 7PM) or Phone and then with Sales to find out why the order is invalid and if they are going to re-enter it.

October 24th, 2015 17:00

Thanks Chris!

Then why did I receive a 'free TV' and got charged USD 230 for the TV.

I hope this does not mean that I won't be getting my laptop anytime soon - how can my order be 'invalid' and 'placed in a cancellation database' while my credit card has been charged for the free TV.

It feels as if this a scam by DELL sales team to get rid of their free TVs!!

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

October 24th, 2015 18:00

I do not know. I do not have full access to their sales and order tools.

7 Posts

October 24th, 2015 22:00

I have been having a very similar issue. I have been told multiple times that I would be contacted, and I never receive any call or email. I have also not received any information as to why my product has been delayed. I ordered on Oct 8th, and to this very moment, it still sits in pre-production. My estimated delivery date was the 20th...

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

October 25th, 2015 13:00

Use the Chat links I provided tomorrow to see if they can shed light on what is going on..

No Events found!