Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 8th, 2013 10:00

Office 2013

Bought a new laptop (Vostro 3560) with Microsoft Office 2013 but the product key wasn't included.  I call tech support and they send out a product key.  Very nice quick response to my problem.  BUT... I go to enter the key and oops, it fails because the WRONG version of office is installed on the laptop.  Now what?  Tech support again and another 4 day delay on a laptop that should have been in my users hands a week ago?

This is why I always want the install disks for all the programs that I purchase with the system.  I purchase two to four systems a year for our company.  Guess I start looking for somewhere that will include the products that I paid for...

4.4K Posts

February 13th, 2013 21:00

Hi ctwalters,

Sorry for delay in response.

If your issue with the MS office has still not been resolved please private message me your system Service Tag number.To private message click on my user name and click start conversation.

Thank You

1 Message

February 25th, 2013 18:00

Did you get this fixed?  I have the same problem.  I am very dissappointed with this because I was really looking forward to using this computer with the software I expected to be included. 

2 Posts

February 26th, 2013 06:00

Yes, Dell customer support resolved the issue.  They were able to send me the product key in the mail which arrived in 2 business days after a quick call to them.  Unfortunately, when I tried to enter the product key I realized that Office 2010 was installed on the system and not 2013.  I uninstalled 2010 and downloaded the correct version from the microsoft site (don't ask me for a link - found it by accident.)

Customer support was very good on this issue;  they were fast and didn't make me jump through hoops.  I still wish that the installation disks for everything on the computer were included.

No Events found!