Start a Conversation

Unsolved

R

2 Posts

April 22nd, 2020 10:00

Order Cancellation and Refund

Hi,

I'm new to the forum. I placed an order for Area51M with RTX2070 on April 20th as RTX2080 was taking a lot longer to ship. Then on April 21st, I found out that the RTX 2080 spec shipping date has been updated to the same as RTX2070. So I chatted online and requested a cancellation on that order so I can place a new order with RTX2080.

Today, when I followed up with the agent, I was told that the order is in production and can't be cancelled, but a request has already been processed to have the order shipped directly to Dell rather than myself. And I was told that I don't have to worry about the cancellation, I will receive a full refund, and I can go ahead and place the new order and that new order will be shipped directly to me.

My question is, can I trust the agent's word on this, will I be charged twice for both orders? or will there be any restocking fee related to this cancellation, as this being Alienware laptop? I've had other bad experience before with online agent, being told one thing but later on something else happened. I just want to make sure I can place the new order without needing to worry about the old order not being cancelled properly.

Thanks,

Ryan

2 Intern

• 

20.1K Posts

April 22nd, 2020 10:00

This is a user to user forum. If you are worried about winding up with 2 computers, wait to order a diff computer. Once a computer is in the production and shipping line, it is impossible to cancel. There is no such thing as a computer being "shipped to Dell." That doesn't make sense. Call Customer Service again.

2 Posts

April 22nd, 2020 11:00

@Mary G Thank you for your reply. That's what the agent told me, saying that I won't be receiving this laptop at all. And that's why I was skeptical about it. They say they will intercept the laptop and it will not be shipped to me. So I will have to wait till mid May and make sure I get the refund before I can place a new order? If that's the case, the process really ...Right now it's still showing as confirmed, not in production, or will it every show as in production online?

17 Posts

April 23rd, 2020 04:00

Sorry but I don't speak Inglish.

don't trust them especially !

You have to request the refund voucher !!!

No Events found!