Unhappy9
1 Copper

Order Cancelled-Getting your money back nightmare

Wondering if anyone else had/has a similar problem getting their money back? I ordered an Alienware Are-51 Gaming PC with curved monitor, gaming mouse and keyboards for way over $5000. Received the keyboard and mouse quickly. I was told the Desktop will be no longer than 7-10 working days. On day 9, they sent me an Order confirmation mail… Yes, they cancelled the previous order and submitted a new one with the delivery date set to two more weeks. No phone call or any type of communication. I spend my time trying to find out what was going on and basically, they had a technical issue which caused the delay (For 2 weeks, really?) and did not inform me at all, just placed a new order with a new delivery date. I personally found this was an inappropriate way of doing business and morally I could not let it slide. Cancelled my order and now I’m having to jump through hoops to get my money back (which I paid in full). I was promised I will get my money back in 3 days, again a false promised. All they need to do is collect the keyboard and mouse they already delivered as the monitor and PC has not been delivered, this however also seems to be a challenge for Dell. They asked me for information they already have and seem to use this as an excuse for taking time to refund. E.g.

Collection address – it is in the quote/on their system/they delivered it to my address....

Contact name - they have my name/they have been mailing me all this time/ it is in the quote...

Phone # - They phoned me...

Email ID - they have been emailing me all this time/ it is in the quote...

Number of boxes for return – they delivered the boxes/I told them multiple times before, they only delivered a keyboard and mouse, nothing else/in the quote/they even have it listed in their previous mails...

This is ridiculous… and it seems they are not even trying. I can't find who to talk to at Dell anywhere to escalate this as this is their "customer support" having me jump through hoops. Anyone out there have any advice or a contact person I can talk to getting my money back?

0 Kudos