KillianF5
1 Copper

Order Cancelled??

Hi Guys, Killian here, from ireland.

10 days ago, I ordered a computer online, and paid the full amount by card. 2 days later, i recieved an email saying my order had been cancelled. I then recieved an email from UPS delivery services, giving me a tracking number. I tracked the delivery daily, and within 5 days, it was in a city 30 minutes from my hometown. But, the next day, the tracking system tells me that the product is being returned to the sender. I have tried calling support, but i was put on hold for 15 minutes, and i have sent quite a few emails to various dell workers, but have not yet received one reply. Anyone else have any problems like this? And does anyone know how to get a refund off dell? They've seriously let me down.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Kemkris
1 Copper

Re: Order Cancelled??

Sounds like a pretty typical order from Dell nowadays. To be honest your best chance to get a refund would be to dispute the charges at your credit card company. Trying to get Dell to issue refunds nowadays is ridiculously impossible.

0 Kudos
jakub1302
1 Copper

Hey Killian. It's been a while since then but I want to ask: did you manage to get your money back? They did the same to me last week and let me down the same way. I don't know if it's an attempt to scare away their costumers, but I'm done with them.

0 Kudos

Hi 

Thank you for posting in our Community! Please provide me via private message ( click my username then start conversation) your order number, name on the account and/or any reference number and I'll be glad to look into your case.

Thanks & Regards,
DELL-Frances Y
#IworkforDell
To learn more about Dell Products, Services, and Drivers, click Here

0 Kudos
Highlighted
fletchm2
1 Copper

HA! The same exact thing happened to me! I dislike hearing things like this.

This is my timeline of events:

4/17/13  Order placed for $1,090.30 (.25 hrs)

4/19/13  Order placed on Hold

4/19/13  Call to Customer Service. Placed on hold  for 1/2 hour so i hang up.   (.5 hrs)

4/20/13 Call to Customer Service. Placed on hold for 15 minutes. I hang up   (.25 hrs)

4/21/13 Check status of order. Says Delivered. Check Tracking, Carrier (Pilot) state it was cancelled and returned to shipper.  (.25hrs)

4/24/13 Call Dell for a refund. After transferred to 5 departments, I get email saying that I am going to get a refund in 8-10 business days. (1.25 hrs)

4/30/13 Call to dell to confirm refund is in process after recieving a weird email saying order was still on hold. 3 transfers. They stated it was in process still. (.5 hrs)

5/08/13  No refund still. Call again to dell. They tell me 2 more days. I agree. (.25 hrs)

5/10/13 No Refund. Ask for manager. They transfer me back to the 1800 hot line. Speak to another rep. They again transfer me to hot line after asking for manager. (1.75 hrs) (10 transfers total)

5/13/13  Call to check on refund status. I was told 2 more days. (.5 hrs)

5/15/13  Call to check status of refund. Was told refund processed on 4/20/13    Yes....  4/20/13.... (I immediately expect it was a bank issue)  (.5 hrs.)

5/15/13  Call to Bank,   no request were made. (.25hrs)

5/15/13  Call back to Dell,  They advise me system is what it states and it will be 8-10 business days. I was then told if i dont like the system i can request a refund thru the bank.  (.5 hrs)

5/15/13  Call to bank to initiate refund. Granted. (.25hrs). Money back into account.

5/15/13   Finalize diary and post to Facebook and Dell community form. .25 hrs.

Dear Dell,

After approximately 30 transfers, 7 hours, and 4 weeks later and still have not received my refund, how dare you request me to speak to my bank to get my money back?

7 hours of my time is too much for a simple online order.

Your Better Business rating is awful which is inline with my experience. I am assuming like your customer service, I will not get a response for this, but I am sure that i will get some type of response from the social media sites.

You can bet my refund on it that this post will curb the thoughts of others who are thinking if they should buy from Dell or not. If it only changes the mind of one person, I will have been repaid for the hours of time i have spent trying to get my refund back.  Unfortunately for you, it may change the mind of more than just one, as i have just explained my experience to one of my co-workers, and they just told me they placed their order with a competitor. Smiley Happy

Dell: 0

Unsatisfied Customer: 1

0 Kudos
jakub1302
1 Copper

Holly <ADMIN NOTE: Substitute character removed per privacy policy>! I'm not even in the beggining of such troubles probably. Oh man, to bye something from dell seems to be the biggest mistake of my life... I'm so dissappointed by them. Well, that's good to know that I can ask my bank for refund at least... I have lloyds, so I hope I can manage that if neccessary.

0 Kudos