Start a Conversation

Unsolved

F

2 Posts

April 20th, 2019 15:00

Order Delays

Hi 

I ordered a machine April 13, 2019 with a promise that the machine would be delivered April 24, 2019.

I have asked many times to be updated about the status with no success. The status page is horrible and has been in the current state since April 13. One rep told me it would come April 18, which was not true. THen another rep said April 24, 2019, which I now see has been extended to May 02.

This is poor customer service. Not sure why it takes so long for a default simple configuration. I need this computer for work next week as I will be travelling and the support is very very poor. Is there an escalation process as I need this computer delivered ASAP. How to speak with a manager, not the same cx service rep that cant do anything.

A shame, such a good computer company which such bad cx service.

How do I get a manager to call me at

2 Posts

April 21st, 2019 05:00

I put the order number in the title of my Subject and am still being asked what is my order number. THen you private chat says I have reached the maximum amount of replies, and never replied once.

I really need this computer next week as I am travelling the following week for business and need this laptop. Cant understand why it is taking so long. I need to speak with a manager if I cant get this computer next week

Order NUmber

6 Posts

April 22nd, 2019 10:00

Same here, the customer support is awful..nobody knows what's going on. I'm really surprised and thinking now I should have just bought one from a reseller..but then you read about people who have cancelled their orders then been charged 10 days later.

Feel like I don't know what to do about it, but I also am travelling soon and need my new laptop here very soon!

9.4K Posts

April 24th, 2019 06:00

Hi RobFL78,

Thanks for posting and for your order information.  Apologies that your order has been delayed.

In looking at your order information.  It appears that during the "burn in" testing which is done at the factory there was a problem between the BIOS and the 1TB SSD, which is requiring further investigation and testing.  The information does not state if it's just your computer or all the Alienware systems with this configuration.

I'm sure you appreciate that your system did not ship with this issue, and that it was discovered during the testing phase.  

Hopefully this is a minor setback and will be resolved quickly.  Thanks for your patience.

Regards,
Robert

6 Posts

April 24th, 2019 06:00

Got the email this morning that it's been delayed, even though after MULTIPLE calls they said it was going to be shipped. Now it's estimating 5/8 - 5/13 delivery...I'm guessing it's just an automated system that says "find any orders that couldn't possibly be delivered by the date we promised and push out the delivery date by about 2 weeks"

I'm looking around for other options and will probably just cancel my nearly $4,000 order, unbelievable that a company which has been around this long can't get their **bleep** together.

6 Posts

April 24th, 2019 09:00

I agree that's a safe approach and is appreciated. Though when I called to see if there were any other configurations available, they said it was all systems...which seems unlikely given that I've seen threads on Reddit where people have received their systems (albeit delayed) within the last couple weeks.

If there's another configuration possible, I would certainly consider the options to help expedite things, but I was told there wasn't. It doesn't seem to add up.

April 24th, 2019 11:00

Same here. I am in Canada. I ordered the Alienware Area 51m with more than $7000 Canadian Dollars. The customer rep says "Production of the system is not started becuase of : 512/1TB XG6 SSD having issue with Bios and need to SKU off until fix". I also have to travel somewhere soon.....but the order status shows that it's delayed to May 9th, instead of April 18th or 25th as they promised before.....too bad

6 Posts

April 24th, 2019 13:00

I guess that's another point...this laptop has been in production for at least a couple months. Do they not test the various hardware configurations? Just you and I are the first time they've encountered a particular build? Doesn't seem likely.

April 24th, 2019 16:00

Yep. It seems ridiculous. So I cancelled the order...

6 Posts

April 26th, 2019 08:00

Same.

No Events found!