1 Copper

Order Number: Not yet assigned, #5

I purchased a new XPS 13 on 1 March, and never received an order confirmation (just the purchase ID email). It still says:

Order Number: Not yet assigned​

Estimated delivery: 3/26/2020

Fairly sure I'm not getting it in 3 days, considering it's still "Not yet assigned," but I would like some kind of update as to what's going on. 

Unlike others with this problem, I placed the order over three weeks ago, and yes I obviously checked my spam folder many times.

4 Replies
Highlighted
1 Copper

Re: Order Number: Not yet assigned, #5

Guess I'll update this in case someone else runs into this problem:

TLDR: Dell is giving me the run around.

I finally got them to say my order had a "verification hold" on it. No coherent explanation as to what that means. Never got any sort of email or call stating that before.

I was given a number to call for the "verification team." When I try to call it, it says to call back during "regular business hours" despite the fact that I call multiple times between 8am and 6pm on weekdays. I have tried calling at other times as well, and those aren't "regular business hours" either, I guess.

They clearly want me to cancel the order and buy again since the sale I used is over, and the device would now be $200 more expensive.

Highlighted

Hi,

I'm sorry to hear this.

That's the only team can help you remove the hold from your order. As an after sales support team, we are unable to remove the hold as we do nto have access for security reasons.

-Susanna

DELL-Cares
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
Highlighted
1 Copper

Highlighted

Hi, 

I am extremely sorry for this situation. I wish I could assist you in sorting this out now. However, due to security reasons, the validation of order payment could be processed only by the verification team. 

The order would not be processed if the payment is not validated. If you still want to cancel the order, I will initiate a request to cancel the order. Please confirm to proceed further. 

-Pratheepan. 

DELL-Cares
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell