Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 16th, 2015 07:00

Order Processing for several days?

Has anyone run into this?

Last Wednesday I purchased an AC Adapter for my laptop through Dell. I actually found it cheaper through Amazon and in stock at a local computer shop. But, I have had trouble with manufacturer's warranties when through a 3rd party. (3rd party assures me there is a manufacturer's warranty, and they go back and forth with who is going to replace my item. Dell says Amazon, Amazon says Dell) So I decided to save myself a headache, and pay the extra bucks to get it straight from Dell.

I ordered it with Next Day Air, figured I would get it Thursday or Friday. The order thing had estimated delivery date as 2/13. But, everytime I checked, it had not shipped. It kept saying, "Order processing." Now, this isn't a computer that needs to be built, so I can't see why it would be processing so long.

Anyway, on Friday, I spoke to 5 different people. The first person told me I needed to call the Verification Department, but would not tell me why. The first person I spoke to at the Verification Department, said that they were waiting on my payment (gift card) to clear, and I should notice the order will progress within 2 hours. After that, I spoke to two people who put me on hold till the phone hung up on me. The last person I spoke to, said that she would have it processed right away, immediately. When I pressed on why I was required to verify, she said it was completely random, that they randomly do a verification check on orders.

Welp, here we are Monday. It is still processing. Am I being impatient? Should I call again?

9.4K Posts

February 16th, 2015 13:00

Hi melynn44,

Thanks for posting.  Credit card verification is necessary to protect the company from unauthorized purchases.  Unfortunately it appears this transaction is taking an unusual time to process.  A couple of questions come to mind, were you using an international credit card or a domestic one?  International cards are not accepted, so that could be one thing.  If the card is not the issue, then please contact me privately by sending me a Private Message and I'd be happy to check the order for you.

Regards,
Robert

No Events found!