Highlighted
Ben_d1
1 Copper

Order cancelled - account on hold?

I ordered a laptop from Dell Outlet 5 days ago. Everything seemed to be going fine, it said "Status: Confirmed" and had an estimated delivery date.

Today I saw that the status had changed to "Cancelled". 

Customer Support in Dell Chat told me my credit card was declined.

I called my bank and was told that everything is fine, no declined transactions.

Reordered through customer chat and was told that the order was declined again, then I was told that my account is on hold. The service agent can not tell my why, or how, or since when, or really anything at all about the hold on my account.

I know it is definitely not a problem with my credit card or credit limit.

What is going on? Just trying to buy a laptop..

Labels (5)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Re: Order cancelled - account on hold?

Thank you for the message. I apologize for the inconvenience caused.

There could be chances that your account is not verified lading to your orders getting cancelled. There could be multiple reasons that an account cannot be verified, this could be due to incorrect billing/ mailing address, contact details or banking details.

Please click on the message tab – click new message & search for my Dell username (Dell-Sreejith R) & send a private message with the order #, registered name & email address.

0 Kudos
Ben_d1
1 Copper

Re: Order cancelled - account on hold?

@Dell-SreejithR   I sent you my order details

After chatting with customer service agents it seems like my international (German) credit card is the problem. 

But if that is the case I don't understand why it does not say anywhere that paying with international credit cards is not possible.

Or why it did not tell me there is a problem immediately when ordering (instead of showing an estimated delivery date and pretending everything is fine for 5 days)

Or why I was told the payment was declined by my bank, which is not true.

0 Kudos