Start a Conversation

Unsolved

A

3 Posts

June 5th, 2020 06:00

Order has not shipped

It has now been 3 days since I was given a FedEx tracking number for  my order. A week since shipping information was sent to FedEx. Yet the status on my shipment continues to remain as shipping label created. This tells me that my order still has not been handed off to FedEx. My laptop is still being held hostage by Dell. Yet the warranty for the laptop is now ticking and active while I still do not have my device.

Supposedly I will be hearing from logistics who will contact me with updates on my shipment. Hopefully that will be before the laptop is actually supposed to arrive at my residence. I fail to understand how it is possible for my order to not have been given to FedEx already for shipping when it is supposedly completely built and in my country. All the shipping information has been sent to them and a label has been created. Yet it still sits at a Dell facility when the status on the Dell website clearly states that it has been shipped. If it had been shipped then it would had been handed off to FedEx already, which clearly it has not been.

I need my order sent to me or I need it canceled and my money refunded. Having a product which supposedly has finished production sitting at a Dell facility when it supposedly has been shipped is not acceptable. I need a resolution on this in one of the 2 ways. One way is my order is shipped and delivered to me. The other way is my order is canceled and my money is refunded.

I've been in contact with a couple of customer care reps via chat. I get the emails and supposedly if you reply to them and request updates someone will get in contact with you. Well that is getting me zero response. I read the horror stories about Dell and shipping and figured there will always be a few unhappy customers who will complain. Now I am one of them unhappy customers. If you order something from Dell and are given a date for when it is supposed to ship, it should ship on that date. Furthermore if you are told it has shipped but it has not, that is just plain and simple a bad way of doing business and also outright lying to your customers.

Mostly I needed to get on here and vent and to also let other people know that the horror stories you hear about Dell shipping are all true.

10 Elder

• 

23.1K Posts

June 5th, 2020 06:00

That notification means the system has shipped from the manufacturer to Dell -- that is, from China (notebooks) or China or Mexico (Desktops).  Given the current state of global shipping, it may be a while before it arrives at a logistics/processing center in your country.  There aren't enough cargo flights and is not enough space aboard cargo ships for all the global demand at the moment.

After the system ships from the logistics hub in your country, you'll receive a trackable shipping number.

3 Posts

June 5th, 2020 07:00

I have a FedEx tracking number. Dell creates the FedEx label. Why create a label if they are not ready to send my order to FedEx for delivery? The status on the FedEx site when clicking the tracking number which directs me to the FedEx site continues to remain shipping label created. If and when Dell hands off my laptop to FedEx, that status will change to package received at such and such FedEx facitlity.

3 Apprentice

• 

263 Posts

June 5th, 2020 20:00

Thanks you for your feedback!

We'll keep you posted on the order status.

3 Posts

June 5th, 2020 20:00

I need to update this. Pamyaphi from Dell Cares has been able to find the latest shipping info for me and gave me some information that I was missing before. It would seem that my laptop is on it's way from the manufacturing facility to the distibution center in Chicago. Once it hits Chicago and is received by FedEx I will start to see some progress on shipping. The orders currently on route won't arrive in Chicago until Monday 06/08/20 which means I need to exercise some patience until then. Pamyaphi on here was very informative and gave me the answers I needed to put my worried mind at ease.I need to give her a very big thank you and out of 5 stars I most definitely have to give her 5 stars.

Now we just need to have Dell update their site so the order status on the site gives a breakdown of when your order is in production, when it is expected to complete assembly, when burn in is completed, when it is in transit from manufacturer to the distribution center, and so on. If we had a detailed view for every step of progress for our orders, it would make things a lot less stressful and people would be getting a lot less angry. I don't mind having to wait as long as I know there will be a wait and why the wait is. Or rather I hate having to wait but if I know the reason for the wait then I can deal with it without getting stressed out.

2 Posts

March 29th, 2023 14:00

Problem still exists in 2023. Ridiculous to receive a message that the item has shipped but then wait days with no changes. Still not arrived at Texas fed ex. Chat revealed it allegedly left the Mexico facility. What ? Is it delayed by the “wall?”  Terrible customer service. I was going to buy a few chromebooks for my parents but I’ll go to Amazon instead. I want my  computer. 

2 Posts

March 30th, 2023 09:00

Update: computer was delivered and customer service was very responsive and helpful.  Customer service pm me and then made a follow up call today. The issue is that the shipping labels gets created before the computers even leave the production facility.  Because most people infrequently make pc purchases I can understand how this causes confusion about shipping. I still think Dell are some of the best computers out there though and I’m sure I’ll be back for my future computing needs.

April 3rd, 2023 16:00

The thing that me off the most and excuse my language, is the fact that the first representative BLAMED FED EX for not scanning the package. That is 100% not the case. The communication between Dell and their consumers is astonishingly well below par. 

I heard so many great things about dell products, but I can say this if their current method of communication and finger pointing does not improve ill take my services somewhere else where I get a straight answer when I call in. I also dislike the fact that there is NO WAY to get information after you buy a product with dell. DELL you should have a way to know where products are and when people should expect to receive said products, not this creating a label 5 days in advance before it even ships. 

At this point Id have to rate the Customer Service (After buying the product) a very low 0/10. Unbelievable, ive worked in the Customer Service industry for 7 years now and NEVER have I EVER lied to my consumers or members in any type of way or pointed blame on someone whose fault it was not. 

I have an order that was "Shipped on the 31st of March" and was Expected to be Delivered on 4/3/23 but here we are at 6:15PM and no package has arrived. 

Dell if you see this post you really need to work on consumer communication. If you were just open and truthful to what is truly going on you would NOT have this issue of people complaining. Even if you added a spot on the Order Tracking page that says "Order is being shipped to Dell Processing Center" that is a lot better than saying "Shipped Expected Delivery Date 3 days out".

Again I get things happen but I do not handle being lied to very comfortably. I called my Local Fed EX Office and was not very nice to them just to find out that YOU (DELL) were actually wrong and that my local office DID NOT receive my Computer, Do you know how embarrassing this is. DO BETTER!

• 

25.1K Posts

April 4th, 2023 09:00

Hi,

I'm very sorry to hear of what has happened. This is not the experience we want our customers to have.

Click our DELL-Cares username. On the right, click, "Send this user a private message". Share the private data below with us in that private message =
Dell order number
Name used on Dell order
Email address used on Dell order

-Susanna

April 4th, 2023 19:00

Jonathan I'd agree if some 1 lied 2u that would tick me off as well tyvm for showing restraint. They didn't fib to me. We all need a little of that with lot of patience. I am some what in same boat same day build complete. Only difference mine SUPPOSE  to ship on 5th alive on 7th but as still patiently waiting.  Oo I am 52(seem like i am 10 and let loose in a candy factory). Can u say SOOOO READY TO PLAY WITH MY TOY. Lol

Waaaaaa I need my bottle waaa---->ME ; )

• 

25.1K Posts

April 5th, 2023 06:00

Hi,

I haven't heard from you since our last conversation. Could you provide the order details via direct private message? So that I could check and assist you further.

-Susanna

April 5th, 2023 18:00

sure wished I had some of that luck. Lol

• 

25.1K Posts

April 6th, 2023 08:00

Hi,

I haven’t heard from you since our last conversation.  As I do not have the order details via direct message, I wouldn't be able to assist you further. I'll be closing the case for now, if you still need our assistance, we are here for you our support team is available Monday to Friday.

-Susanna

No Events found!