Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 30th, 2015 16:00

Order # and subsequent Case #920810934

11/30/15

Dell Customer service, (lack of)

I am compelled to write out of complete frustration with my experience with Dell Support. 

To qualify myself, I am a long time customer buying multiple desktop and laptop computers, currently a member purchaser.

On 11/25 I ordered an Inspiron 13 laptop computer from Dell on-line with chat assistance.  I added (3) years technical service support and accidental replacement. 

On 11/27 the laptop was delivered.  The box did not include owners manual???  It would not boot up. 

I called Dell technical support starting at 4:45 pm.  Each person I spoke to was like speaking to a robot and very difficult to communicate with.  After transferring to 3 different technicians I was finally instructed to push the on button at the same time as pushing the letter (d), that started a screen diagnostic scan.  First time I saw anything on the screen.  Then afterwards there was a "critical Error" message that said I must submit to Dell.  The technician told me that he is going to authorize a replacement laptop.  He said that I must review with the "return department" that he transferred me to:  The service case # is:  920810934.  This was at 6:PM.

I was on hold for the "return department" until 6:33pm-33 minutes. At 6:40pm the return department told me the service report referenced above said it was a software issue with Windows 10 not a hardware issue!  The rep informed me I would be issued a refund that will be posted 7-10 days and I could order a new one after I returned the defective one.  WHAT!  I now have to wait another 10 days to get my new laptop. 

I insisted I speak with a supervisor and finally spoke to him at 7pm.  I explained the situation, that whatever mistake the technician made in filing the service case, I am the customer and telling you the computer screen would not engage.  The computer hardware is defective.  He put me on hold and came back 5 minutes later saying he needed more time.  The phone line didn't have "on-hold" music so the dead-air was unnerving not knowing if I had been disconnected. 2 1/2 hours so far, you can imagine I didn't want to lose the connection. At 7:10 he came back with a Return/Exchange authorization. Explained I was to hang on-to the defective unit until the new one arrived and use that box for return.  I asked for him to send me a confirming e-mail but said he couldn't.  Now I have to trust he made the arrangements without written confirmation. 

Monday-9/30 I was able to get e-mail confirmation that I will be sent a replacement with tracking number.  THANK YOU>

But I still have a bad feeling about doing business with DELL.  If quality control had been handle properly I would not have received an untested laptop.  If you are positioned as a premier customer, then you should lead customer reps handling their calls.  The frustration of expecting A#1 service and not getting it hurts.

When I called Dell customer to file a formal complaint they said posting on this forum was the only way to do it.  I don't know who I am speaking to here.  Am I talking to a wall.  Just another mistake made by Dell Customer service, not to have a number to speak to someone about an issue.  if I can't talk to Dell then who, the press, better business bureau who?

Karen Palmer

No Responses!
No Events found!