Start a Conversation

Unsolved

A

1 Message

August 16th, 2018 21:00

Order processing

I ordered a dell xps over a week ago and the order is still processing... how can this be? And when i call up they say the offices are temporarily closed? This is unacceptable from a customer's POV.

9.4K Posts

August 17th, 2018 08:00

Hi Aaronajl,

Thanks for posting. Apologies that your system order did not go as expected.

Normal build time for a laptop computer is about 7 to 10 days.  Then it's shipped to a merge center where all the paperwork, accessories, etc. are placed in the box and then sent to the ground carrier for shipment to the customer.

The estimated ship date and estimated delivery date are just that, "estimated", as things can happen faster or slower depending on  parts availability, weather, or other conditions.

If you would like me to look up your order, please contact me privately.  Please include your personal information along with your order number or customer number.  Thanks.

2 Posts

August 29th, 2018 15:00

I purchased an XPS13 9370 on 8-20-18.  Order was confirmed and as an "Advantage" member, I was offered free expedited shipping stating delivery to be between August 24-29, 2018.  I contacted Dell on August 25, to request a tracking number for this item.  A support request was generated with a subsequent email stating I should receive the product by the end of the day on the 27th.  No tracking number was included.  Nothing was received. 

On the next day, I received a tracking number stating FedEx had the device, that it was in Chicago and would arrive by the end of the day on the 29th.  Nothing was received and now the FedEx tracking says "pending".  I checked with Amex who verified the purchase and so Dell has its payment and I have nothing to date.  FedEx states that they have not received the product; Dell is saying FedEx hasn't scanned the product.  

I have been sitting here waiting for FedEx for three days with Dell holding the product with no clear knowledge from the call center of where it is.  I can order a 10 dollar phone case from Amazon and get guaranteed delivery on or before the date at the time of purchase.  What gives???

"

No Events found!