Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 8th, 2016 16:00

Order stuck in production - Estimated delivery 4/5/16

Ordered a Inspiron 13, 7359 on Sunday. Website said it was in stock and ready to ship next day, 4/4/16.

Great place my order and check out with next day delivery for 4/5/16.

Got email morning of 4/4/16 saying it was delayed a day with estimated delivery of 4/6/16. No problem.

I checked the status of the order 4/5/16 evening as I did not receive a tracking number. Order status was still in production with a delivery of 4/5/16, which obviously wasn't happening.

Call customer support have to escalate to a supervisor as the initial rep was unable to answer my questions. Was told that it should be a couple of days before my order is ready to ship. No problem.

Started a chat session yesterday for an update as the website still said in production with a deliver of 4/5/16.

Was told my unit is out of production and ready to move to shipping. Great! Signed up for text notification for when shipped. Of course, received no text. Started another chat today. Was told they have no idea when my unit will be complete. No idea.

Order status still shows in production with a delivery of 4/5/16, 4 days ago.

My unit was on sale when I ordered it, and now if you were to order the same unit it is "out of stock" with a ship date of 4/26/16.

Can anyone with Dell actually be truthful with me and let me know if they have any idea when my unit will be completed? My order is supposedly "expedited" but I have no faith in that.

This is my first order with Dell and with this experience if I do not receive my order early next week I will cancel my order and order from a different company.

2.3K Posts

April 9th, 2016 10:00

Hello!  So when I went to look for the 7359 I couldn't find it until I googled it and it now says 'call for pricing'.  It appears they had more orders then they could handle which can happen, so they are trying to fulfill them as fast as possible.  Regardless as long as your order doesn't say Canceled, you are still in line to get one but I wouldn't hold my breath until after 4/26 unfortunately.  

1 Message

April 10th, 2016 15:00

I have an order stuck in order processing, been that way since 3/17.   Customer Service is worthless.   They cant tell me why and their solution is to cancel the order, but it never gets cancelled.   I have used dell for years because I thought the customer service was the best.   My opinion of that has changed.

April 11th, 2016 12:00

So in the wee hours of this morning by unit was shipped, so I am happy for that.

But, I am still frustrated by the information relayed by the customer care reps I spoke to. All 3 gave conflicting information concerning my order with the one I spoke to on Friday being unable to tell where my unit was in production and when it would possibly be shipped.

No Events found!