Start a Conversation

Unsolved

N

12 Posts

August 28th, 2018 13:00

Order verification, Department Missing

OK bit of a rant here so here we go. 

This is a bit of a massive vent thread and a plea for help from Dell. I've never encountered so many issues with Care and sales support at ANY company. 

Item attempting to purchase: Dell 9570 Laptop
Method: Online with personal Credit Card (valid)

10 June 2018: Placed order, received order confirmation email that order is processing, so far so good
12 June 2018: Online chat with a Dell service rep on an unrelated matter I asked for a status update of the order, was told order is cancelled. No explanation given, no email no phone call nothing. I was then told I still needed to email a cancellation request to Dell for my refund.
12 June 2018: Gave Dell the bye bye finger and forgot about it

Scroll forward to this week:
27 Aug 2018: Attempting to order same laptop. I received my order number and confirmation email within a minute.
Transfer 1: This time pinged Customer Care online and low and behold order on hold (again). 
Was told to call Dell Order Verification <private order number removed>
Transfer 2: Called number, message is sorry we're closed please call another day (seriously that's the message - no opening hours no call back nothing)
Transfer 3: Call Dell Customer Care back and ask them to tell me the opening hours, they say try in 30 mins (noon EST)
Transfer 4: I call Order Verification in 30 mins, again we're closed
Transfer 5: Call Care back and demand they put me through to them, they put me on a 20 min hold and put me through drum roll
Transfer 6: Dell Financial Services Yay -> after a good 10 mins of identification and misadventure I discover the Rep is from Dell Financial Services (I keep telling him it's a laptop order and he keeps asking for my SIN number which was a telltale sign in the end). Most reps so far have an extremely poor grasp of English on a side note.
On we go, DFS rep puts me through (after 10 mins) to..drumroll..
Transfer 7: Another DFS Rep.... Aha, but I was prepared this time quickly catching her by surprise by clearly asking where she works. Fool me twice and all that jazz. She transfers me back to Care again.. sigh..
Transfer 8: Back to Care and 15 more minutes, rep who cannot operate the switch board let alone communicate with me is totally confused and attempts to transfer me to Order Verification and.. Fails because they're closed and he has absolutely no idea why or when they open. I'm told Welcome to Dell can I have your order number no less than 5 times by aforementioned Care rep.

I should add I've never talked over poorer quality voip lines than Dell Customer Care.

After being put on hold numerous times and re-intro'd as a new customer each time (I'm impressed he didn't drop the call) we're back to call back Order Verification in 1 hour then try again after another hour.

This is Dell now. I am flabbergasted and have had infinitely smoother order experiences from alibaba customer support than Dell at this stage.

Later on in the evening I managed to get a hold of a customer care supervisor on chat who was unable to reach order verification, he said they would call me and of course they did not. 

Today (Aug 28), I've so far spent 2 hours on hold with order verification. I ended up canceling my original order and creating a new order online which of course is on hold again. I've confirmed with my Credit Card company that the charge was NOT declined (even the second charge). 

I have now lost a total of 6 hours on hold with Care and Order Verification who never pick up their phones. BTW, they appear to open around 3pm EST (not 8AM CST as indicated my Care). 

HELP HELP HELP

3 Posts

September 3rd, 2018 07:00

I can safely tell you this: the whole concept of a Dell/Alienware "verification department" is, in my personal opinion and experience, simply not true; no such department exists, and there is no one there to talk to.  They also roll this in with another part of the "scheme" which the concept of "hold" on the user's "account" has been imposed and the repair can't proceed until it is released. Neither one of these really exist either, even though various Dell representatives will tell you the "hold" has been "released" or some such rubbish. In my personal experience and opinion, having been put through this scheme several times now, and always just before a replacement part is to ship or onsite repair is to occur, I've been forced to send to Dell a copy of the receipt that Dell sent to me for my machine.  I've had to send pictures of the machine, pictures of the part, pictures of the service code label.

All  this to complete a repair that a service tech just spent hours by DellConnect on the same PC for troubleshooting and verifying.  The excuses and obstructions that they come up with are a testament to their vivid-but-obstructive imagination, for sure.

I'm going to be in  in two days with Dell over just this very matter.  We'll see how it goes, but I am in Texas, right where Dell is headquartered, so I don't have much hope of getting fair treatment; I'm going ahead, just the same, because I have an extremely expensive machine and years of paid-for Premium support which is just worth nothing. I'll let you know how it goes, but I don't have much optimism about the whole prospect. 

Just stop frustrating yourself looking for phantom "verification" departments and phantom "holds" and such; all were invented, in my opinion, just to delay, delay, delay.

12 Posts

September 3rd, 2018 07:00

Thanks for that. I do actually believe you're correct. This department does indeed not pick up the phone nor do they allow you to leave a message. No CSR/Care agent was able to get through to them either. I am very surprised that Dell, one of if not the largest PC hardware OEM has not got their act together.

My ordering experience was atrocious and involved escalating to corporate (find a VP's email and send complaint) plus escalations to Dell Cares on twitter. I was informed a few days ago that my order is magically off hold and is proceeding. No updates under my Dell online account and no emails. So we shall wait and see. 

Overall the experience has left me with a really bad taste and I sincerely hope the laptop at least delivers and I don't have to deal with Dell again. 

Good luck with your proceedings, can't say I blame you. Up here in Canada half the confusion is just getting through to a department or care agent that can handle Canadian cases.

2 Posts

July 3rd, 2019 10:00

I have placed a $200 order at Dell. I had previously made an order and went through **bleep** to have it verified. Second order, same trouble. I am on the phone with these reps with an heavy accent, I continue to get transferred from one to another. In normal circumstances, I would simply give them the finger and buy from another store. The only reason I continue to try with this disgraceful company is because my Amex platinum gives me $100 off on Dell.com purchases every 6 months. I am now thinking of canceling my Amex card so I dont have to deal with this garbage anymore.
No Events found!